A/AA state tournament

BigG

just savoring the moment....ND loss....CPA loss...JC loss....all on the first day.

Page is legit and has a great shot of winning a title this year, but they are benefiting from some girls who looked and saw they could not play for the big AAA schools in their county like Franklin, Ravenwood, Brentwood, and Independence and moved into a school zone where they could play.

Posting with class is not your forte, huh?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just savoring the moment....ND loss....CPA loss...JC loss....all on the first day.

and sort of sad this happened, now the private school will say look we aren't as dominate as everyone said and the playing field is level so we should get to stay away from the othe private schools, when  this happens once every 15 or so years.

nothing against Greeneville, but they have taken advantage of a down year by Knox Catholic and caught a ND team looking ahead. Page is legit and has a great shot of winning a title this year, but they are benefiting from some girls who looked and saw they could not play for the big AAA schools in their county like Franklin, Ravenwood, Brentwood, and Independence and moved into a school zone where they could play.

You dont beat a team 6-0 because another team is looking ahead in soccer. Give credit were credit is do.

So are you saying that Page is made up of 2nd team AAA players? Have more class and dont bring them down like like. You know your talking about teenage girls.

and sort of sad this happened, now the private school will say look we aren't as dominate as everyone said and the playing field is level so we should get to stay away from the othe private schools, when  this happens once every 15 or so years.

nothing against Greeneville, but they have taken advantage of a down year by Knox Catholic and caught a ND team looking ahead. Page is legit and has a great shot of winning a title this year, but they are benefiting from some girls who looked and saw they could not play for the big AAA schools in their county like Franklin, Ravenwood, Brentwood, and Independence and moved into a school zone where they could play.

ballbanger; ND was not lookin ahead; their problems were bigger than that

Bangerofballs; in order to try and diagnose a team and a soccer game; one needs an ability to understand the sport first.......just watch and savor and let the experts on here tell us what is happening on the pitch

Pitch is another name for a soccer field

Booger just sayin booger.gif

Wow.

Classy.

I guess I made a mistake of some on here being able to read what was actually posted.

In my post I said Page was a legit team, capable of winning the state tournament. dont know how that is posting without class? never said their player were not any good, just made a comment about how much better the soccer is at the AAA in their county (Page lost to Independence 6-0, Brentwood 7-0).

for those who didnt see the point of my post, and maybe too upset that their precious team got beat by a public school, here is a small comparsion to what i said.

If you are a talented soccer player say, and you can go to North Carolina and sit for three years as a backup and then maybe have a shot to play as a senior or you can go to Martin Methodist and start as a freshman, some people choose to start as a freshman, nothing wrong with, it is not breaking any laws, but it does happen and by no means is it a slight to anyone.

i get ripped for not posting with class, but a post was made that said the championship game would be the best public vs. the best private school and that is classy, instead of saying the best teams were playing?

that is the great thing about message boards, some people will post unitl people agree with them and love it when those people post, but get upset when someon posts something they dont agree with and then slam them.

maybe i should have waited a few days to post about the games, to let the ones who lost have some time to simmer down.

one who bashes balls; your attempt at a back peddlin move just ant hapnin for you.....just turn around and walk so you dont keep stumblin.....cant speak for the others that loss, but you sure didnt need to wait a couple of days to let Booger simmer down before you started beatin those breast; Booger built for this stuff .....for most people of your nature and view of the world around you; you never get to witness something like this in a lifetime.....enjoy the moment; its yours to SAVOR if that what does it for you; though you dont even have a team in the hunt.....for those that dine at the table frequently; we just take our lump and regroup and work like heck to dance another day

Booger just sayin :popcorneater:

Edited by Booger

When we drew CCS, I knew it was a tough draw (in my mind, the only tougher draw would have been Greeneville).

Coach Sneller does an amazing job with his girls, and they had a SOLID 11 out there.  The BEST player of that 11 was their goal keeper.  She made about 4 AMAZING saves that caused us to be finished and them to move on.

Also, a gutsy move to change the goal keepers for the shoot out!  But hey, it worked well for them!

We have practiced taking PK's for a while in practice, but nothing can duplicate a PK shootout in a state tournament.  

Well done, CCS.  You played an outstanding game!

I do have a "beef" with the turn around time for CCS.  With a bus ride home, these girls won't have a lot of true rest time.  CAK played their starters for about half (if that much) in their quarter finals.  

And yes, losing your all state captain to surgery 2 days before the state tournament is a REALLY tough blow.  However, our girls played their hearts out and we can hold our heads high!

Good luck to CCS, CAK, Greeneville, and Page.  Of those 4 teams, one team has some of the most special girls I know, another has a coach that was in my wedding, and the third is a coach that I have gotten to be very close with over the past year here in Nashville.  Tough to know who to cheer for!

Simmer down?

We lose a heart breaker and we are supposed to be ok with someone "savoring" the loss.

Sorry, not going to do that.

congrats on a good run coach.....been involved in too many of those type games....and quite a few with that same team too.....goin out early ant never no fun; specially when it happens the way the Irish just did it...not exactly sure what went down......still wouldnt trade it for dance at all.....we graduated 8 starters from last season final appearence and we still managed to get there this time; as we do every year....thats what good coaches and good programs do......see ya again next year

Booger just sayin :thumb: