TCA Quarterback Andrew Goldsmith

ReitzFan

As most on this forum know, I am part of the radio broadcast crew for TCA.  I make this post to give recognition to an outstanding performance that I was witness to this past Friday night.

On this past Friday night against Scotts Hill, TCA quarterback Andrew Goldsmith had a night for the ages.  He rushed for 439 yards on only 24 attempts in the game, scored 5 rushing touchdowns, he passed for 91 yards completing 8 of 11 attempts with 2 touchdowns, and he intercepted a pass and returned it 40 yards for a score.  He also had 7 tackles in a somewhat limited defensive role.  

While doing some research this afternoon in the online version of the TSSAA football record books, I have found that his performance puts him in the record books in three different categories.  He is now tied for 6th place (along side Demetrius Bailey of Union City)for Rushing Yards In A Single Game with 439.  Goldsmith is also tied for 10th place with multiple players for most touchdowns scored in a game with 6.  Goldsmith also set a new state record for Rushing Yards For A Quarterback In A Single Game with 439.  That broke the record that was held by Upperman's Conner York who had 376 rushing yards against Tyner back on 11/15/13.

I am very honored to have been a part of the radio broadcast team on that faithful night.

Well done Andrew. Well done indeed.

• Upvote 1

As most on this forum know, I am part of the radio broadcast crew for TCA. I make this post to give recognition to an outstanding performance that I was witness to this past Friday night.

On this past Friday night against Scotts Hill, TCA quarterback Andrew Goldsmith had a night for the ages. He rushed for 439 yards on only 24 attempts in the game, scored 5 rushing touchdowns, he passed for 91 yards completing 8 of 11 attempts with 2 touchdowns, and he intercepted a pass and returned it 40 yards for a score. He also had 7 tackles in a somewhat limited defensive role.

While doing some research this afternoon in the online version of the TSSAA football record books, I have found that his performance puts him in the record books in three different categories. He is now tied for 6th place (along side Demetrius Bailey of Union City)for Rushing Yards In A Single Game with 439. Goldsmith is also tied for 10th place with multiple players for most touchdowns scored in a game with 6. Goldsmith also set a new state record for Rushing Yards For A Quarterback In A Single Game with 439. That broke the record that was held by Upperman's Conner York who had 376 rushing yards against Tyner back on 11/15/13.

I am very honored to have been a part of the radio broadcast team on that faithful night.

Well done Andrew. Well done indeed.

Fun fact. I was a sophomore when Demetrius Bracey ran for 400+ on us ... that was also my best game 20 tackles and a sack

Thanks for sharing this!  Man among boys right there.  His teammates seem to really love blocking for him and seeing him tote the rock for him.  Good stuff to see.