DB FOOTBALL=TIME FOR A CHANGE!

DBfaninthe37660

All in all, I've gotten a nice bitter attitude towards sports in our area.  Give all the parents and kids a juice box and a gold star, because we sure aren't going to see a gold ball up here for a long time.  Or silver.  Maybe a fake one.

You nailed it.   Besides Greeneville I don't think anyone else in NET really wants a gold ball bad enough

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better than a billboard, post this quote on the covered walkway that goes over Ft Henry Drive between the school and the park, that will definitely get their attention.

FYI - a few months ago a middle school kid told me he would rather play 4th string for Maryville than start at another school that was just mediocre. That statement may seem benign on the surface but it really does speak volumes...

That isn't as bad as it sounds because maryville's 4th string actually gets playing time. And if a kid in the Tri-Cities is saying that just imagine what the blount county schools are dealing with.

I was up in Bristol on Monday and Tuesday. On the radio I heard that Kingsport is negotiating to buy Sullivan North and they will make it a middle school. They said the population in the county schools was down. Is this because of annexation by Kingsport and Bristol or a decline in population in the rural/unincorporated areas?

I was up in Bristol on Monday and Tuesday. On the radio I heard that Kingsport is negotiating to buy Sullivan North and they will make it a middle school. They said the population in the county schools was down. Is this because of annexation by Kingsport and Bristol or a decline in population in the rural/unincorporated areas?

Definitely "Yes" to the annexation question, not sure about the other question.

They have been saying in the past that Kingsport may buy North and keep it as a high school as well.     And then there is the rumor that Central, North and South are all going to close and combine into a super big new school, this would be a Sullivan County school outside of Kingsport's jurisdiction.       Again, these rumors have been floating around for a couple of years so it's hard to say if there is anything to it.

Definitely "Yes" to the annexation question, not sure about the other question.

They have been saying in the past that Kingsport may buy North and keep it as a high school as well.     And then there is the rumor that Central, North and South are all going to close and combine into a super big new school, this would be a Sullivan County school outside of Kingsport's jurisdiction.       Again, these rumors have been floating around for a couple of years so it's hard to say if there is anything to it.

If you guys are bringing up this "rumor" in the context of sports it's not going to make a bit of difference in the hopes of bringing a state championship to the area if they don't bring in a top notch coaching staff. And they will not do that. If it ever happens some "average coach" from the area will get the job and he'll hire all his buddies (yes men), and there you go. That's the way its done in upper east tn. It will never change because its embedded. I would almost bet my life that if you brought in Maryville's entire coaching staff to Sullivan Central they would be winning state championships by year five. I say five years because that's how long it would take until their middle school players under the new system to get to the varsity.

Edited by WaCoJaCo