DB FOOTBALL=TIME FOR A CHANGE!

DBfaninthe37660

Hey DB guys, I know this will never happen, but if there is any way you could drop down to 5A then I think you have a shot at Cookeville. Need proof? Sevier County, representing the east in the 5A title game, only had 2 losses this year, and one of them was to DB. Am I saying DB drops and is playing for a title immediately? No of course not, but I think you guys would have a realistic shot at it. To make that happen would mean giving up about 500 students to North, South and Central. Or maybe this mythical new Sullivan County school. Something to think about..... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all, see you again in 2016

You really think playing in 6A is the reason D-B isn't going to the state championship?

D-B fans, especially Waco, have only laid out the reasons on here 602,134,965,529,105,932 times.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really think playing in 6A is the reason D-B isn't going to the state championship?

D-B fans, especially Waco, have only laid out the reasons on here 602,134,965,529,105,932 times.

Uh, yeah, playing 5A in the east gives you a much better chance of reaching Cookeville than playing 6A.     DB played 2 good 5A teams this year, lost to Oak Ridge by 3 but beat Sevier County (who was in the 5A title game).     So yes, DB would have a great shot at the gold in 5A

Blazer is the biggest DB fan on here

As one of my DB friends once said, "Deep down we're all DB fans"

Sdot - your Bears deserve a big congratulations on getting to Cookeville in your first year drop to 5A.     How do you see our conference next year (and this should really be a new thread), I'm going something like this:

1. Sevier County

2. Mo West

3. Tennessee High

4. David Crockett

5. Morristown East

6. Daniel Boone

7. Cocke County

I agree Blazer. They would have a good shot to win in 5A. The problem is they are one of the bigger schools in 6A if I remember correctly.

DB is I think the 8th biggest school, so they would need to dump about 500 students to 3 Sullivan County schools, that would be easy with just a little bit of un-annexation by Kingsport.    This is all hypothetical because it will never happen, but if it did DB would be a top tier team in 5A.

As one of my DB friends once said, "Deep down we're all DB fans"

Sdot - your Bears deserve a big congratulations on getting to Cookeville in your first year drop to 5A. How do you see our conference next year (and this should really be a new thread), I'm going something like this:

1. Sevier County

2. Mo West

3. Tennessee High

4. David Crockett

5. Morristown East

6. Daniel Boone

7. Cocke County

Thanks blazer. I think mo west is the favorite to win next year. I think TN high could be tough. Not really sure what everybody has coming back. I do think Newport will be at the bottom. Are boone and Crockett on probation next year too?

Thanks blazer. I think mo west is the favorite to win next year. I think TN high could be tough. Not really sure what everybody has coming back. I do think Newport will be at the bottom. Are boone and Crockett on probation next year too?

No, hallelujah, Boone and Crockett are playoff eligible next year!!

Although I seriously doubt either will have a good enough record to reach the playoffs.  boo-hoo

This was Crockett's year and I really would have liked to see them in post-season, but they are losing some key players that only come along every 20 years, you just can't replace those guys.

You may be right about West but I'm going with the Bears until somebody knocks them off.

Uh, yeah, playing 5A in the east gives you a much better chance of reaching Cookeville than playing 6A.     DB played 2 good 5A teams this year, lost to Oak Ridge by 3 but beat Sevier County (who was in the 5A title game).     So yes, DB would have a great shot at the gold in 5A

Uh, NO, not a chance. Not 4A and for sure not a chance in 3A.

Edited by WaCoJaCo