DB RETURNS TO THE BORO TO BATTLE THE BLAZE.

Wow, what a nightmare of a season for DB. It's so hard for me to understand how this football program has crumbled and nothing being done to make the necessary changes. DB has spent a small fortune on their facilities, but doesn't care about the football team going down the tubes. There is a season for everything and GC's season has come and gone. If he cared anything about DB, he would graciously step down. Along with several other coaches that obviously know nothing about football. Not just this year, but every single year, DB gets humilated at the playoff level. It is blamed on players, demographics, down year, blah blah blah. They need to take the blindfolds off and make some serious changes. This is not fair to the players, taxpayers or fans. There is no excuse for DB to be this pitiful.

I went to the OR/DB game at the first of the season. Both teams had players out due to injuries. So it wasn't the shootout I was expecting. But still I truly believed DB would improve as the season progressed. Shocked that wasn't the case. But yes the facilities are top notch. Nicer than some colleges.

Wow, what a nightmare of a season for DB. It's so hard for me to understand how this football program has crumbled and nothing being done to make the necessary changes. DB has spent a small fortune on their facilities, but doesn't care about the football team going down the tubes. There is a season for everything and GC's season has come and gone. If he cared anything about DB, he would graciously step down. Along with several other coaches that obviously know nothing about football. Not just this year, but every single year, DB gets humilated at the playoff level. It is blamed on players, demographics, down year, blah blah blah. They need to take the blindfolds off and make some serious changes. This is not fair to the players, taxpayers or fans. There is no excuse for DB to be this pitiful.

IP - you see things for what they are, not what you would like them to be.    Good post, the only thing I would tweak is that reference to DB in the playoffs, since 1990 DB has gone 1-and-done only 10 times, so it's not like it happens every year.

No Doubt, at 6-2, Region II looks stronger. The only real upset, however, was #6 Siegel over #3 Bearden. The other, #5 Riverdale and #6 Bradley Central, could have gone either way and must have been a great game to watch. But that’s all it takes to look lopsided.

The Science Hill v Smyrna game next week should be a good one and will decide whether Region 1 evens things up again at 2-2.

That is true enough. Still pretty proud of region 2 and their success thus far

Eric Hutchens is a former head coach at South Doyle. He said long time ago he had the formula to beat Maryville. Funny thing is he said this after Maryville beat South Doyle 42-7 in 2006.

I like that you guys are thinking Maryville can be had because of their effort vs Warren County. One thing to remember is this. In 2006 Maryville struggled to beat a bad Brainerd team 30-26. Brainerd lost to Red Bank earlier that year 77-7. When Maryville traveled to Red Bank 2 weeks later all of Chattanooga thought Maryville was going to be the lamb and Red Bank was the BIG LION. Maryville was headed to the slaughterhouse. Stump Martin on his radio show was sounding like Rick Flair as he had those fans whipped in a frenzy. Funny thing is Maryville whipped Red Bank 38-14.

I didn't say anyone was going to beat Maryville. But do I think that they can be beat?  Yes!  It will be a tal chore for who ever faces them . But I also think that any team on any given night can be beat,  by any given opponent. That's why we play the game. 

I didn't say anyone was going to beat Maryville. But do I think that they can be beat?  Yes!  It will be a tal chore for who ever faces them . But I also think that any team on any given night can be beat,  by any given opponent. That's why we play the game. 

The exception to the rule. Maryville can't be beat.

I went to the OR/DB game at the first of the season. Both teams had players out due to injuries. So it wasn't the shootout I was expecting. But still I truly believed DB would improve as the season progressed. Shocked that wasn't the case. But yes the facilities are top notch. Nicer than some colleges.

Most people thought DB would get better as the season progressed. A team with a lot of talented young players almost always does. They actually were good through their first 4 games then got worse with every game. But please keep bragging on our facilities. That's the only thing these dunder heads in Kingsport worry about.

Eric Hutchens is a former head coach at South Doyle. He said long time ago he had the formula to beat Maryville. Funny thing is he said this after Maryville beat South Doyle 42-7 in 2006.

I like that you guys are thinking Maryville can be had because of their effort vs Warren County. One thing to remember is this. In 2006 Maryville struggled to beat a bad Brainerd team 30-26. Brainerd lost to Red Bank earlier that year 77-7. When Maryville traveled to Red Bank 2 weeks later all of Chattanooga thought Maryville was going to be the lamb and Red Bank was the BIG LION. Maryville was headed to the slaughterhouse. Stump Martin on his radio show was sounding like Rick Flair as he had those fans whipped in a frenzy. Funny thing is Maryville whipped Red Bank 38-14.

RebelRon speaks with years, decades of watching Maryville football evolve.  Anyone trying to predict scores based upon previous scores that involve Maryville are in for a shock. 

However, I will say this, Siegel had Maryville on the ropes a couple of years ago with an injured QB who could not run for the Stars.  I don't see a team this year that can hang with Maryville, but the games are played for a reason.  I do not believe Maryville game-planned intensively for Warren County, certainly not the WC team that played on Thursday night.

The Murfreesboro teams are well aware of how formidable Maryville is.  I do believe the semifinal will be close. 

How many teams will give Maryville their best game of the season?

Edited by StanTrott

Most people thought DB would get better as the season progressed. A team with a lot of talented young players almost always does. They actually were good through their first 4 games then got worse with every game. But please keep bragging on our facilities. That's the only thing these dunder heads in Kingsport worry about.

Well, the coaching in some areas may lacking, but: I've heard excuses from "we need to play a tougher regular season schedule", to talk of demographics or enrollment, to the AD, to head coaching, to the lack of a good strength program, even that the only thing important to the kingsport is the band. I don't think I've ever heard anyone simply say, maybe, just maybe, Kingsport simply is not as good and not as talented. It's been my observation, from living all over Tennessee, and from history itself, DB, sorry, but you just aren't as good as the other big schools in the state. But you have an upper deck and a hamburger themed jumbo board. ;)

Edited by Pudding

Well, the coaching in some areas may lacking, but: I've heard excuses from "we need to play a tougher regular season schedule", to talk of demographics or enrollment, to the AD, to head coaching, to the lack of a good strength program, even that the only thing important to the kingsport is the band. I don't think I've ever heard anyone simply say, maybe, just maybe, Kingsport simply is not as good and not as talented. It's been my observation, from living all over Tennessee, and from history itself, DB, sorry, but you just aren't as good as the other big schools in the state. But you have an upper deck and a hamburger themed jumbo board. ;)

Pudding you may be right. However, politics is killing DB. Every year there is one or two players out there who are not benefiting the team. Many times these players are hurting the team. Another problems is DB is not putting their best out on the field together. For example, number 16 should have been getting reps at receiver while number 13 was still playing. In addition, at the start of the season 5 and 4 should have been getting reps together on the field. Later in the season they start playing 5 in the slot and in the backfield with 4, but this should have occurred earlier. I don't know if DB's coaches are afraid of how the fans are going to react,  but they are going to have to start playing the best to be competitive. In addition, I think there may have been sophomores on the sidelines who could have helped this year, but they had to wait their turn because the coaches were afraid of how the fans are going to react.

Edited by hssportsfanatic

RebelRon speaks with years, decades of watching Maryville football evolve.  Anyone trying to predict scores based upon previous scores that involve Maryville are in for a shock. 

However, I will say this, Siegel had Maryville on the ropes a couple of years ago with an injured QB who could not run for the Stars.  I don't see a team this year that can hang with Maryville, but the games are played for a reason.  I do not believe Maryville game-planned intensively for Warren County, certainly not the WC team that played on Thursday night.

The Murfreesboro teams are well aware of how formidable Maryville is.  I do believe the semifinal will be close. 

How many teams will give Maryville their best game of the season?

That Siegel team was awesome. Best offense I saw a Maryville team play in years. Luckily Maryville had a great offense that year.