TCA travels to Scotts Hill for rematch

Intense

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53-27 Final. Wow! Hats off to Scotts Hill! They never, never, never quit! The score was 40-20 at half and I didn't feel good about it and nobody did on the TCA side. #8 is an amazing QB. I had the privilege of hugging him and wishing him the best after the game. He's the best QB we have seen this year, hands down! #9 is a special athlete and has another gear. He played great. #5 is just a winner and never quits. He really hurt us tonight. #4, what can I say other than stud! Great fans, great program. Congrats on a great year. Keep your head high! TCA, what a balanced game! Goldsmith threw for. 230 yards and 5 TD's. He also ran for 295 and 1 TD. We had 5 different players score. Goldsmith also had over 150 yards called back on holding penalties. TCA defense hung in there but it was tough. Great win and on to the next.

Wow what a Ballgame, I am super proud of the SH Lions . Best team won tonight and how good are they? Left to be determined. I would not bet agsinst TCA. They beat a very good team 42 -0 last week and showed an amazing display of play the two times we played them. They have several great players and #7 is an amazing player. Maybe the best to ever come out of west tn. I am not saying that they will beat adamsville but it will not be easy. But back to my Lions. Could not be more proud of a program. Grit and heart. Super proud of them and we will miss the seniors. SH lions have nothing to hang their head down. Best team won tonight . Tip your hat and strap them on again next year . Can't wait. Love my lions!!! This gsme will be one to remembered. Very hard fought. Congrats TCA. I will be watching to see how you guys do. Could go alonnnngggg way !!!

Edited by shlionsbaseball5

I want to congratulate tca on the win tonight but also want to congratulate SH on a great season. It seems y'all get a little better every year and I look for y'all to keep building, the future of yalls program looks bright!

+1 Great season Scotts Hill! I'm proud of what y'all have accomplished! TCA, congratulations on your win! I'm looking forward to a great game Friday night!

My unofficial stats for Andrew Goldsmith on the night included 292 yards rushing and one score on 23 "official" attempts and 248 yards passing with 5 touchdowns.  Goldsmith tallied 540 yards of total offense and he was involved directly with SIX TCA touchdowns during the game.  Scotts Hill played with 9 or 10 men within 5-8 yards of the line of scrimmage all night and they also blitzed a good chunk of the time as well.  Scotts Hill did everything that they could to stop him.  Despite a good defense game plan, it was not nearly enough and I personally don't know what else could have been done.

Goldsmith is simply reeking carnage and destruction on all who oppose him the last several weeks.  

My unofficial stats for Andrew Goldsmith on the night included 292 yards rushing and one score on 23 "official" attempts and 248 yards passing with 5 touchdowns. Goldsmith tallied 540 yards of total offense and he was involved directly with SIX TCA touchdowns during the game. Scotts Hill played with 9 or 10 men within 5-8 yards of the line of scrimmage all night and they also blitzed a good chunk of the time as well. Scotts Hill did everything that they could to stop him. Despite a good defense game plan, it was not nearly enough and I personally don't know what else could have been done.

Goldsmith is simply reeking carnage and destruction on all who oppose him the last several weeks.

Sounds like a great all around player, I would like to see him in person! Good luck this week

53-27 Final. Wow! Hats off to Scotts Hill! They never, never, never quit! The score was 40-20 at half and I didn't feel good about it and nobody did on the TCA side. #8 is an amazing QB. I had the privilege of hugging him and wishing him the best after the game. He's the best QB we have seen this year, hands down! #9 is a special athlete and has another gear. He played great. #5 is just a winner and never quits. He really hurt us tonight. #4, what can I say other than stud! Great fans, great program. Congrats on a great year. Keep your head high! TCA, what a balanced game! Goldsmith threw for. 230 yards and 5 TD's. He also ran for 295 and 1 TD. We had 5 different players score. Goldsmith also had over 150 yards called back on holding penalties. TCA defense hung in there but it was tough. Great win and on to the next.

Only thing that I regret is that I'll never get to see this group of seniors play football again...they are special. I think that the coaches and kids did all that they could do, Goldsmith is just too superior to counter...on the ground he had a good game (great for most), but around what we were hoping to hold him to in order to win...when you commit that much of your game plan to stopping one player, you sacrifice something else, and Goldsmith made us pay through the air.

The best team won, and hats off to Trinity for their effort and attitude...great kids and fans. Next week will be tough, but if Adamsville isn't firing on all cylinders TCA will notch another win and move on.

Been a great year Lions...thanks for the memories, and all the best for your futures. You may (if you're lucky) one day sit in the stands and watch your own kids, or your neighbors, giving everything that they have to win, and watch them develop the character that leaders in life have right before your eyes...only then will you realize how proud of you all that the Lion community is.