William Blount Basketball 2015/16

Governm

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say WB will take their lumps in 4-AAA this year. I am not familiar with their young players except I know they have a good freshman, last name Tarver I believe, that will probably eventually be one of the better players in the area if he continues to develop. I saw him play some AAU ball last year & was impressed.

• 3 weeks later...

The Govs will surprise some people this year, they are young but, they have a lot of talent and a deep bench. There has been a lot of attitude issues in the past couple of years but, they've weeded it out and the coaches are very excited about this team.

Agreed. I have watched this Govs team twice this year so far and they are much improved, especially on offense. This team can put up some points in bunches. It will be exciting to see how much they progress this year.

I would say WB will take their lumps in 4-AAA this year. I am not familiar with their young players except I know they have a good freshman, last name Tarver I believe, that will probably eventually be one of the better players in the area if he continues to develop. I saw him play some AAU ball last year & was impressed.

I'm pretty sure Tarver is at Heritage now.

Wrong.  You may be thinking of the Bowers kid.  He left WB and went to Heritage.  BTW ... WB freshmen boys beat Heritage last night 81-52.  Sounds like the Govs have a pretty good group of freshmen this year.

Edited by GovMan

Wrong. You may be thinking of the Bowers kid. He left WB and went to Heritage. BTW ... WB freshmen boys beat Heritage last night 81-52. Sounds like the Govs have a pretty good group of freshmen this year.

And as far as I know there is only one senior on this team. The future looks bright.