William Blount Basketball 2015/16

Governm

And as far as I know there is only one senior on this team. The future looks bright.

You are correct.  Sophomore/ junior laden varsity with one freshman starting and one other freshman dressing.  Lack of post presence is a challenge (although they do have a "project" player that is showing signs of improvement).  Best overall shooting and ball handling team I can remember WB having in several years.  They will "live and die" by the three.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

70-28 Blackman over WB? Did I read that correctly, or is that a misprint?

Not really surprised Blackman did that to WB. I saw them play last year at state tourney vs Maryville and was very impressed. They have two of their three best players, Wilson & DeWitt, back from last year and I read somewhere they got a stud transfer from Oakland this year. Blackman is probably better this year than last year.

I will give the Govs the Red Badge of Courage award for scheduling a road game with Blackman this year.

Not really surprised Blackman did that to WB. I saw them play last year at state tourney vs Maryville and was very impressed. They have two of their three best players, Wilson & DeWitt, back from last year and I read somewhere they got a stud transfer from Oakland this year. Blackman is probably better this year than last year.

I will give the Govs the Red Badge of Courage award for scheduling a road game with Blackman this year.

And if you think their boys are good ...you ought to see their girls !

• 2 weeks later...

Should have beat Farragut.

Two long scoring droughts killed them.

Rogers kid from Farragut is a baller.

I think the scoring droughts you mentioned are a result of the frequent substitutions, which can easily take guys out of their rhythm. The current coach is unorthodox in the sense that he will rotate 5 new players in every couple of minutes. This can disrupt rhythm and momentum in the short term, but having so many guys that have had significant playing time will help the program going forward. All the line-ups the coach has put on the floor have been very effective at times, they just need to be more consistent. As for the Farragut game, we lost that game because we sent them to the line too much and they made their free throws,but we couldn't make ours count. If we can start getting to the line more and make our free throws and not send other teams to the line so much we'll be golden. Edited by Governors91

I'm glad that you thought I could not recognize a hockey "line change" when I see one.

They should have beat Farragut, they didn't.

I did go down there fully expecting to see you at the door taking donations to keep your football coach.

I did know he was never in the running at Nolansville though, FWIW.

We will see where he applies next.