Round 2 Rockwood hosts GCA

Raven52

GCAPRIDE, I'm not trying to stir up anything at all! And have alot of respect for your program!! Just curious..... A lot of people down your way always talks about SOS, So why would GCA not want to play in same division with all of the other privates instead of staying to play public schools? IMO playing the other privates would mean better competition and higher SOS??? Just curious!!

Hate to bust your bubble, but we are one of the few privates that will remain in D1. So, I guess you know where you can stick that thumb...

What? I am sorry, but you and I both know that's so much horse relish. You have no kids that ever work at the school or church? You have no parents that work? No one receives any type of discounts?

GCAPRIDE, I'm not trying to stir up anything at all! And have alot of respect for your program!! Just curious..... A lot of people down your way always talks about SOS, So why would GCA not want to play in same division with all of the other privates instead of staying to play public schools? IMO playing the other privates would mean better competition and higher SOS??? Just curious!!

Excellent question. I believe the answer is quite obvious based on this season. They lost to a "rebuilding" Webb team and got smoked by CAK. Cant compete with the privates IMO. By staying with the publics they stand a better chance at championships. Championships=enrollment. Critical for a small private school. Couple of losing seasons in a private division would have a negative effect on the entire school (enrollment).

Thats my take on it. Lets hear what they have to say about it????

(Crickets chirping)

Edited by TigerNation14

I'm curious about this. Does GCA's head coach even teach at the school or is he just the head football coach and that is it. Wasn't sure how all that worked out. I know at Maryville that Gaylor who was the football assistant was retired as a teacher but some way still was on the staff as a coach until he retired from that recently.  I'm not sure how all this works now days and was very interested if someone knew. Back in my day the coach was a teacher also. 

I'm curious about this. Does GCA's head coach even teach at the school or is he just the head football coach and that is it. Wasn't sure how all that worked out. I know at Maryville that Gaylor who was the football assistant was retired as a teacher but some way still was on the staff as a coach until he retired from that recently. I'm not sure how all this works now days and was very interested if someone knew. Back in my day the coach was a teacher also.

Each team is allowed to have non faculty coaches. I think 3 is supposed to be the limit at least as far getting paid is concerned.

I'm curious about this. Does GCA's head coach even teach at the school or is he just the head football coach and that is it. Wasn't sure how all that worked out. I know at Maryville that Gaylor who was the football assistant was retired as a teacher but some way still was on the staff as a coach until he retired from that recently. I'm not sure how all this works now days and was very interested if someone knew. Back in my day the coach was a teacher also.

He can be Head Coach(and doesnt have to teach)as long as he has been on a High School or Middle school staff for 3 or 5 yrs I'm not exact on the yes. Edited by orngnblk

You know of nobody that will turn us in for anything. If they feel compelled, I'm sure they know the # in Hermitage. We are staying D1, which is our choice. You "think" you know more than you do, especially in this case. This isn't a debate, I know what I'm talking about. If you wish to continue, that's your choice. You've always been a Grace hater and spreading your filth on here about us. Don't be such a Richard, Richard.

you are not staying D1 you have to go D2

Either have to be a teacher or have coached for 5 seasons before you can be a head coach. You have to go through certification I know that. My father has coached for 12 years so I know a bit about it.