Round two ADAMSVILLE vs TCA

Guest AdamsvilleDad26

Guest AdamsvilleDad26

I was wrong our team had no way to stop Goldsmith. A great player and number 5 and 23 had great games. Good luck to TCA and hope y'all go far. Went to the state twice last year semi final this year quarters things comes in cycle may be our time to not be dominate for awhile

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of hard to know where to start. Probably most emotional victory in my son's four years. First of all, hats off to Adamsville on a great year. Their Senior class, if I'm not mistaken, is the winningest class in school history. What a run they had. Adamsville has the best defense we have played all year, bar none. They are also the hardest hitting team we have played and probably will play. They hit you hard every single play. Our boys are beat up and sore. #47 and #77 should play big time ball next year. They are monsters and bring it every play. Whirley is much better in person and is a difference maker for Aville. Their offensive line is just amazingly good and even more intimidating! I wish all their boys the best. I'm praying hard for my childhood and lifelong friends son, #11. Scared me to death when he wasn't moving out there. Hope and pray he is ok. I plan to check in with his dad today. #11 had a fantastic game as he was everywhere.

Now to TCA. First of all, we won the special teams battle, barely. We didn't do anything special but we didn't cost ourselves the game either. Tyler Thomas, #16, had a huge return to set up the last TD drive. Second, #4, #5, 12, 16 and 23 all had big plays that kept some of the pressure off of Goldsmith. Without those plays we don't win the game. First TD of the game was an amazing catch by #4. His athleticism showed up. Third, Goldsmith dominated the game. He made plays when the pocket collapsed by scrambling and completing passes and punished tacklers once he hit the secondary. He had over 330 yards rushing but also threw for 2 TD's. Last but not least, we do have a DEFENSE. They played an incredible game. #17, our former QB and now Safety, played an MVP type of game. He was unbelievable. Our young boys have grown up on defense! #50, a freshman, played an amazingly, intelligent defensive game at DE. My concern going into the game was stopping Aville's offense with that strong OL. They did it!

I felt the game was played with great sportsmanship overall on both sides. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit with the Aville fans and old friends. My pork chop was delicious! i wish every fan in all high school programs was like UTVOL2. He supports his Cardinals with a passion, win or lose, and his son graduated a few years ago. He's always encouraging the boys on both teams. Rage and Card, it has been fun bantering back and forth these last four years. Wish you the best. Wildcard, really enjoyed meeting you. Love to hear you sing sometime!

McKenzie will be a really tough game. Their balanced offense is scary. This is an amazing Cinderella turnaround season so far for TCA. Hats off to our coaches for an amazing game plan.

TCA in a few hours is about to see Aville back is as good as theirs. He just has not had pudlicity and plays on a more complete team that doesn't have to rely on one player. The real difference is he has better players around him. Unless our players implode won't be much of a game.

You think your back is as good now? Do you think we are only a one man show now? Somebody had to make those blocks and catch those passes. Do you think it was much of a game?

Well I guess the crystal ball was cloudy for them Intense!! I guess they see now that a little respect goes a long way. TCA totally dismantled the mighty BiG Red Rage last night. Guess Sweatervesters can play a little football. And by the way we are not a one man team. The Pony is a man amongst boys but the difference is HE knows it is not a one man team. He leans on and trust his brothers to open holes catch passes do that his talents can shine. And boy did they shine. Y'all just got a taste of the second straight Mr Football of Tennessee from TCA. Good listening to y'all though with all of your opinions and insight.

Yes I do wouldn't won't yours. The way he hollered and yelled at #5 was awfull. I felt bad for the kid.

Well, the kid he was yelling at was mine. It didn't bother me at all. It did bother his mom but I told her to hold her horses and watch what happens. Shortly thereafter, #5 made a really good defensive play by breaking up a pass and Goldsmith immediately came to him and high fived him and really encouraged him. I told my wife he was showing leadership. Did he go overboard yelling at #5? Maybe. I also know Goldsmith and #5 were hanging out together after the game. It was just the heat of the moment and it happens when kids are really close.