Round 2: Marshall County hosts Livingston

Lead

I'm not 100%, but I believe about 6'1 180

Not a bad size. We have improved a ton with our run defense. I don't know what's up with the opposing team's first drives this year. I can think of at least 5 games this year where they marched right down the field and scored. After that it was curtains.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad size. We have improved a ton with our run defense. I don't know what's up with the opposing team's first drives this year. I can think of at least 5 games this year where they marched right down the field and scored. After that it was curtains.

you guys seem to have a good team. Mostly passing correct? With a mr football finalist playing qb that's what I've assumed

you guys seem to have a good team. Mostly passing correct? With a mr football finalist playing qb that's what I've assumed

we are pretty balanced to be honest. We have 2 backs that are around the 800 yard mark and a third that is approaching that as well. Multiple threats at wideout.

we are pretty balanced to be honest. We have 2 backs that are around the 800 yard mark and a third that is approaching that as well. Multiple threats at wideout.

I can't tell you much about LA's pass defense, as we don't throw it much, but they're good with runs up the middle, but the outside linebackers try avoiding contact with pulling lineman so it's not hard to bust them up through there

I can't tell you much about LA's pass defense, as we don't throw it much, but they're good with runs up the middle, but the outside linebackers try avoiding contact with pulling lineman so it's not hard to bust them up through there

If that's the case they are in for a long night. #6 is a hard runner. He likes to run the ball right up the gut. You better get hands on him at the line of scrimage if not He will punish your linebackers. Ligget is just a soph. He is fun to watch

If that's the case they are in for a long night. #6 is a hard runner. He likes to run the ball right up the gut. You better get hands on him at the line of scrimage if not He will punish your linebackers. Ligget is just a soph. He is fun to watch

how experienced overall is Marshall? As in class Edited by smpanthers

Have no idea yet if we are the best team in 4A, but we are the deepest. We don't have a single player that starts on both sides of the ball (we have a couple that rotate some on the other side, but none that start both ways). We have 7 defensive linemen that rotate. The 3 backups would start for almost every time in 4A. Only one of those 7 plays any offense at all. None of our offensive linemen play any defense at all. There can't be another team in the state that's deeper than us. True two platoon football.

We are very balanced on offense. Our QB is simply awesome. He is the leader in passing yards for 4A, and we have the top TWO receivers in 4A by yardage in Tre Crutcher and Jay Howard. But we have a strong running game too. We've rushed for over 600 yards over the last two games alone. 

Edited by hogswild

how experienced overall is Marshall?

I would say they are pretty well experienced. We rotate guys in and out a lot during the course of the game. Very well prepared team as well. Coach Osteen expects a lot from his players. I don't think there is anyone on the team that don't know what is going on play wise.

Have no idea yet if we are the best team in 4A, but we are the deepest. We don't have a single player that starts on both sides of the ball (we have a couple that rotate some on the other side, but none that start both ways). We have 7 defensive linemen that rotate. The 3 backups would start for almost every time in 4A. Only one of those 7 plays any offense at all. None of our offensive linemen play any defense at all. There can't be another team in the state that's deeper than us. True two platoon football.

We are very balanced on offense. Our QB is simply awesome, but we have a strong running game too. We've rushed for over 600 yards over the last two games alone.

+1

We are very balanced on offense. Our QB is simply awesome, but we have a strong running game too. We've rushed for over 600 yards over the last two games alone.

you guys seem to have quite a good team. We've only got one, two way player and he plays receiver and safety. We've got 4 rotating d-lineman, and about 7 ball carriers that can gain consistent yardage when needed.