Round 2: Marshall County hosts Livingston

Lead

I wouldn't say that Marshall County's schedule is as weak as indicated. Yeah, I think Giles and Spring Hill would both admit that they had disappointing years, but both teams still have quite a bit of talent. Spring Hill has two SEC level athletes and Giles is still Giles. Marshall County took care of business quite handily against both of those teams. Marshall County beat Page by 18, and they played sloppy in that game. They played the region schedule given to them and nobody was within 18 points of them all year, and the majority could have been much worse than the score indicated.

As for out of region games, Marshall County played 4 schools from Nashville, and each made the playoffs this year. East Nashville went 3-8 but still has a linebacker that a ton of really good schools want, including SEC programs. Stratford is 7-3 and still playing this year. They're also coached by one of the best coaches in Metro. Overton beat Marshall County by 1 point when Marshall County's defensive coordinator was out. Overton is in the second round of the playoffs in 5A. Maplewood was missing two huge contributors for most of the year. They lost by 7 to Lipscomb in the first round last week, so I think it's known that they are much better than the record indicates.

Marshall County played 7 playoff teams this year. That's a pretty impressive number in my opinion, more so than that they haven't had much competition this year. You play who's on the schedule, and they did that with an average margin of victory of 30 points. At the end of the day, who they've played only matters for discussions such as this. At this point, all that matters is how each team plays on Friday night.

Great post by just stating the facts and the truth. Hope both teams in Marshall county do well this week, kids have done great representing their communites this year.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say that Marshall County's schedule is as weak as indicated. Yeah, I think Giles and Spring Hill would both admit that they had disappointing years, but both teams still have quite a bit of talent. Spring Hill has two SEC level athletes and Giles is still Giles. Marshall County took care of business quite handily against both of those teams. Marshall County beat Page by 18, and they played sloppy in that game. They played the region schedule given to them and nobody was within 18 points of them all year, and the majority could have been much worse than the score indicated.

As for out of region games, Marshall County played 4 schools from Nashville, and each made the playoffs this year. East Nashville went 3-8 but still has a linebacker that a ton of really good schools want, including SEC programs. Stratford is 7-3 and still playing this year. They're also coached by one of the best coaches in Metro. Overton beat Marshall County by 1 point when Marshall County's defensive coordinator was out. Overton is in the second round of the playoffs in 5A. Maplewood was missing two huge contributors for most of the year. They lost by 7 to Lipscomb in the first round last week, so I think it's known that they are much better than the record indicates.

Marshall County played 7 playoff teams this year. That's a pretty impressive number in my opinion, more so than that they haven't had much competition this year. You play who's on the schedule, and they did that with an average margin of victory of 30 points. At the end of the day, who they've played only matters for discussions such as this. At this point, all that matters is how each team plays on Friday night.

Great post!

Hogeye by 2 touchdowns.  We started out the year very slow as we had to rely on the run not much of a passing game, but as of the past 7 games we brought a new man in by the name of Logan Clark.  He's brought more than just a spark to this Wildcat football team, he's a gunslinger.  He found himself a reliable target in Hollars.  Hollars has racked up 6 td's in past 3 games, as well as in the return game. I look to see these 2 make this a very fun game to watch, aside from another stud we here in hogeye like to call Cadillac.

Just a thought.. but here goes my take. I think most had higher hopes of LA's season. With the skilled players coming back, most expected more (signs of a good program that's been relatively successful). Of course, LA along with those expectations returned very little experience on the O Line. So, that has made it tough to get the skill players in position to be fully utilized on a consistent basis in the beginning not to mention a tough schedule the first 2 games.. But, hats to the coaching staff. The line has played better allowing the skill guys to be what they can be. Outside of a few hiccups, they have gotten much better and the outcomes have shown resulting in wins. So, they earned 2nd place in the region.

Now that don't equate to a win Friday, but I'm betting Marshall County will get the A game from the HOG-EYE boys!

GO HOG-EYE!!

Just a thought.. but here goes my take. I think most had higher hopes of LA's season. With the skilled players coming back, most expected more (signs of a good program that's been relatively successful). Of course, LA along with those expectations returned very little experience on the O Line. So, that has made it tough to get the skill players in position to be fully utilized on a consistent basis in the beginning not to mention a tough schedule the first 2 games.. But, hats to the coaching staff. The line has played better allowing the skill guys to be what they can be. Outside of a few hiccups, they have gotten much better and the outcomes have shown resulting in wins. So, they earned 2nd place in the region.

Now that don't equate to a win Friday, but I'm betting Marshall County will get the A game from the HOG-EYE boys!

GO HOG-EYE!!

I hope they give us a game. Like I said earlier this one should be fun to watch. Looking forward to seeing another big game from our backs and receivers as well as our defense!

It didn't look like #19 saw a lot of pressure this year on Hudl. Hopefully #11 & #63 can help eliminate the problem for hog-eye on Friday night.

h3 has seen his share of pressure this season. He makes really good decisions with the football. Don't expect a coverage sack.