Round 2: Marshall County hosts Livingston

Lead

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Big Daddy overrated comment directed toward Knoxvillestar...that's what happens when your at work and you type in a hurry...whatever!! I'm just ready for Friday night...Love those TIGERS!

No problem.. but the names really get our boys fired up! Once this season at halftime. Colson and Hammock were playing bad and Coach said to Colson "Folsom Prison my hind end" and then turned to Hammock with that wrinkled up mad face coach gets and yelled "and you ain't even Hawaiian". Made them boys mad and their mommas too when they found out but played a heckuva 2nd half and LA won because of it!! #truestory

I agree with Big Daddy, no disrespect meant to the Tiger QB, he must be a heck of a player. We are a little jealous that our tailback who has rushed for almost 5,000 yards in the last years combined, who was twice a Titans prep star player of the week did not get nominated. I understand the sports writers select the Mr. football nominees not the coaches, but maybe I misunderstood. Based on the numbers listed on the max prep roster, MC has a lot of size and based on the comments here they are very fast, no one plays both ways and they have a terrific field general. Maybe LA is outclassed on every front,..........but we have heard that before. Maybe this pregame evaluation will give Livingston a little incentive to prove everyone wrong.

Best of luck to which ever team makes out of this quad. It doesn't get much better than playoff football.

Let's go HOGEYE!

I agree with Big Daddy, no disrespect meant to the Tiger QB, he must be a heck of a player. We are a little jealous that our tailback who has rushed for almost 5,000 yards in the last years combined, who was twice a Titans prep star player of the week did not get nominated. I understand the sports writers select the Mr. football nominees not the coaches, but maybe I misunderstood. Based on the numbers listed on the max prep roster, MC has a lot of size and based on the comments here they are very fast, no one plays both ways and they have a terrific field general. Maybe LA is outclassed on every front,..........but we have heard that before. Maybe this pregame evaluation will give Livingston a little incentive to prove everyone wrong.

Best of luck to which ever team makes out of this quad. It doesn't get much better than playoff football.

Let's go HOGEYE!

Good post! I think we both match up. Both teams have their play makers that's for sure. I'm sure Linder is deserving. Those are some pretty impressive numbers no doubt. You don't put up those kind of numbers being mediocre. I have said it before that the selection needs to be more than 4 for each category and then narrowed down from there. I hope Ashton wins it. He has worked his tail off and it shows on and off the field.

Sorry Big Daddy overrated comment directed toward Knoxvillestar...that's what happens when your at work and you type in a hurry...whatever!! I'm just ready for Friday night...Love those TIGERS!

In my opinion he is overrated. I don't have a horse in this race. Both teams have one good linebacker. I see this being an offensive game. whoevers defense makes the big play will win this one. And Lovemytigers3 this is an opened minded discussion your biased in your decision.

I certainly am biased but I never call out a high school kid as overrated...the year that Donta Hightower was Mr.Football we were playing at an unnamed school that happened to be our biggest rival...and they were chanting (over-rated) and we see how that turned out for him #alabamanationalchampionship...#newenglandpatriots....so yes everyone is entitled to their opinion....#19 Ashton Posey = tough classy team player

I certainly am biased but I never call out a high school kid as overrated...the year that Donta Hightower was Mr.Football we were playing at an unnamed school that happened to be our biggest rival...and they were chanting (over-rated) and we see how that turned out for him #alabamanationalchampionship...#newenglandpatriots....so yes everyone is entitled to their opinion....#19 Ashton Posey = tough classy team player

Telling it like it Is! Let the haters talk because that's all they are good at. You forgot to add super bowl champion to that.

#superbowlchamps added...sorry I meant to add that..bottom line everyone is proud of their team and has their own opinion...I haven't called any players out and I've seen Livingston on film they looked like a great physical team and at this point I consider all the the teams still playing to be very good . Going to be a great game Friday night but I'll be pulling for those TIGERS !!! #wecandothis

#superbowlchamps added...sorry I meant to add that..bottom line everyone is proud of their team and has their own opinion...I haven't called any players out and I've seen Livingston on film they looked like a great physical team and at this point I consider all the the teams still playing to be very good . Going to be a great game Friday night but I'll be pulling for those TIGERS !!! #wecandothis

I have yet to see a Marshall County poster bash a kid on an open forum. I for one will not. It says a lot about their character of they do. I haven't seen that from a Livingston poster either I might add.

I can appreciate your reasoning on that. It's the round of 16 and everyone left are good teams. But saying that any teams record doesn't matter now because anything can happen in playoffs. Best of luck to both teams.

I think Osteen is doing just fine on his own. We sure don't need a back seat driver. Osteen is a pretty savy coach.

You are correct, Osteen has done and will keep on doing a fine job.  But sit back and watch the extra help pile into your press box.  There will be no back seat drivers they will be riding shot gun next to good ole Ronnie.