Why wait!? HAMPTON HOSTS GCA!

Raven52

"It's 100 percent driven by strength of schedule," said McKamey. "We're the same team this year as we were last year (when Grace beat Hampton 54-27 in the second round before eventually losing to Marion County in the semifinals). With this year's schedule, people thought I was crazy. But I was tired of losing in the semifinals. I put together the toughest schedule I could find, and if we lose in the playoffs it won't be because we didn't see something earlier.

WOW!

"I mean this as respectfully as I can: We've seen Hampton already this year. We lost those games, but we're not going to come in and just be shellshocked."

Face palm....this is why people hate us...

GCA lost their identity early in the year and are struggling to find it..is it too late?Hampton has more to prove after last yes emplosion.Everyone other than the ones involved think GCA is outmatched in this contest but I for one think its gonna be a knock down drag out.I am in agreement that Hampton can and should win but something tells me that GCA will pull out all the stops,does that equal a win nope but it will be very interesting.I think it will be a four quarter brawl.Hampton has revenge on their mind but sometimes that backfires.I won't call the game but I also think it will a one score win.Unless GCA comes out flat then Hampton will roll.Good luck to both teams and players I have a lot of respect for Hampton and a few of the Rams fans.

"It's 100 percent driven by strength of schedule," said McKamey. "We're the same team this year as we were last year (when Grace beat Hampton 54-27 in the second round before eventually losing to Marion County in the semifinals). With this year's schedule, people thought I was crazy. But I was tired of losing in the semifinals. I put together the toughest schedule I could find, and if we lose in the playoffs it won't be because we didn't see something earlier.

WOW!

"I mean this as respectfully as I can: We've seen Hampton already this year. We lost those games, but we're not going to come in and just be shellshocked."

That was what I heard during the season about the tough schedule but all four of those teams will have most of their players back for next year and GCA won't. You can tell me on and on about transfers but their not going to get a whole teams worth over the winter. Next years team will pay the price for that schedule I'm afraid. I hope those boy's can pick up the pieces of this week's tragedy and go out and give their all. Good luck to both teams and the best team wins.

WOW!

please humble him

Guys, I don't know him personally, but I honestly don't think he's trying to be cocky. He's actually comparing us (Hampton) to the big schools that beat them this year and saying that's helped prepare his kids for a team this good. I can understand wanting to play tough non-conference opponents to prepare for the playoffs. I believe Hampton would schedule E-town if they could for the experience.

The problem here is it comes across as tone deaf to what many non-GCA folks already think about GCA sports. If he had said he was tired of losing in the playoffs because they hadn't played tough regular season games, it might have come across better than "losing in the semifinals".

Just my .02.

GCA lost their identity early in the year and are struggling to find it..is it too late?Hampton has more to prove after last yes emplosion.Everyone other than the ones involved think GCA is outmatched in this contest but I for one think its gonna be a knock down drag out.I am in agreement that Hampton can and should win but something tells me that GCA will pull out all the stops,does that equal a win nope but it will be very interesting.I think it will be a four quarter brawl.Hampton has revenge on their mind but sometimes that backfires.I won't call the game but I also think it will a one score win.Unless GCA comes out flat then Hampton will roll.Good luck to both teams and players I have a lot of respect for Hampton and a few of the Rams fans.

You're probably correct about 4 qtr fight.

Last year we didn't implode IMO...Injuries was the biggest difference...along with some HUGE mistakes.

We're healthy this time and hopefully the mistakes are minimal