Why wait!? HAMPTON HOSTS GCA!

Raven52

Guys, I know a whole lot of us share the same opinion of Grace athletics, but I believe this is a square deal. Given the situation, and the means, I would do the same thing the Slay family has done. My condolences to the family and entire community. I honestly believe this is a sincere gesture in memory of their child. They have endured a tragic loss.

• Upvote 1

Guys, I know a whole lot of us share the same opinion of Grace athletics, but I believe this is a square deal. Given the situation, and the means, I would do the same thing the Slay family has done. My condolences to the family and entire community. I honestly believe this is a sincere gesture in memory of their child. They have endured a tragic loss.

Good post 91!My heart goes out to this family and the GCA community!

Think??? We know. I truthfully wouldn't put anything past GCA boosters. I'm sorry for the tragic loss. Would hate to think Grace would try to use a situation like that to benefit its programs. I've watched their "win at all costs" mentality for years. I'm sorry if I sound heartless. Just don't have a lot of trust for a fox in the hen house.

I participated in Grace athletics for years. What happened with those two players was obviously against TSSAA regulations. And I personally paid part of the price. My Senior volleyball season was taken from me in more ways than one. Not only were we banned from post season play (with a virtually guaranteed consecutive trip to the State tournament), but the administration from that time also was partly responsible for the loss of the best coach I've ever had, in any sport I've played. And I had a very poor experience with the next coach. All in all, it sucked. I think people forget that the majority of the school was not privy to what was going on, and we all suffered for the sins of the few. What happened was wrong. But please don't lump us all together. There are some of us who are just as angry about it as you.

I participated in Grace athletics for years. What happened with those two players was obviously against TSSAA regulations. And I personally paid part of the price. My Senior volleyball season was taken from me in more ways than one. Not only were we banned from post season play (with a virtually guaranteed consecutive trip to the State tournament), but the administration from that time also was partly responsible for the loss of the best coach I've ever had, in any sport I've played. And I had a very poor experience with the next coach. All in all, it sucked. I think people forget that the majority of the school was not privy to what was going on, and we all suffered for the sins of the few. What happened was wrong. But please don't lump us all together. There are some of us who are just as angry about it as you.

+1

This post is the main reason I have laid down my torch!I rallied all kinds of people against GCA at that time,when I finally stepped aside and took a long look most of these folks I lumped together were innocent.I have also talked in depth with some of the parents and fans of the innocent kids whose high school careers we sacrificed for the wrong doings of a few.Sometimes we should be ashamed of ourselves just as the ones who DID do the wrongdoing. This is my opinion only.

Almost football time.Can't wait to get this night in the books one way or the other.Again guys good luck to both and pray for no injuries across our great state and beyond.Later guys!

• Upvote 2

Dawson and Taylor are just 2 of the many players that played for the Chiefs when they won the Superbowl. I;ve been a Chief fan all my life. You'll like my attire. Not hardly as flashy as she devils but they won't throw me out dressed like this. lol

Pujo I met Len Dawson a few years ago in Orlando at the National Builders Convention. When I was a kid they were who I was pulling for in the Super bowl against the Vikings and about two or three weeks later after that game Minnesota's MLB Lonnie Warwick moved in a couple of doors down from us and I've been a Minnesota fan ever since. he had a lot of friends from those days come through during the off season and you talk about a dream come true for a twelve year old getting to meet all those guys when I was a kid. He has two grandsons and one is at Tennessee Tech and the other plays for Alcoa which you will be hearing his name the next few years.

Edited by BarneySox2007

This post is the main reason I have laid down my torch!I rallied all kinds of people against GCA at that time,when I finally stepped aside and took a long look most of these folks I lumped together were innocent.I have also talked in depth with some of the parents and fans of the innocent kids whose high school careers we sacrificed for the wrong doings of a few.Sometimes we should be ashamed of ourselves just as the ones who DID do the wrongdoing. This is my opinion only.

Almost football time.Can't wait to get this night in the books one way or the other.Again guys good luck to both and pray for no injuries across our great state and beyond.Later guys!

One of these days we need to get together and I would like to know what happened because I've never ask anyone that really knew but I sure don't need to know on here by anyone. It seems like every team has a skeleton in their closet if not a few if you really got to checking.