MEMPHIS EAST vs LEXINGTON

nmpballer

I wasn't impressed with East after the Whitehaven scrimmage but they did win it. I thought they weren't physical and I thought their qb was shakey. I'd like my Crow southern fried with a side of sour pickles. This team has a fee burners. If they can deal with the Home cooking that I'm sure will happen and keep their composure they'll win a one score game.

Memphis East 27

Lexington 21

Your assessment is correct. We were not as physical as we would have liked to be and the QB (Eric) did miss some plays through the air that he should have made...but that's is why it is a scrimmage. You find your weak points before the season and correct them. I believe we are much improved from that day. The Muscle Shoals game showed the coaches what needed to be adjusted on defense. Kids were making too many mistakes. That's why coach loves to schedule a tough first game if possible. We are a very balanced team. Our defense is solid and will strike you. We have more play makers than people realize. As long as we take care of the football, we will be a tough out for anybody. These kids are used to facing bigger people. They had to play (16-AAA) Whitehaven, White Station, Melrose, Memphis Central, etc on a regular basis in the past. I doubt the crowd will play a factor. The players and coaches love the competition and look forward to the game Friday. Good luck on your game Friday! #RepresentMemphis

What do you mean by "home cooking" BHS?? And how can you be "sure" there will be any???

"Memphis teams are Athletic and Undisciplined"

That thought isn't just shared by people on this Message Board... There are real humans that think that way... It's not far fetched to think that just ONE of the Refs working Friday doesn't go into that game with that mentality... Because of this FACT, when D. Turner turns the corner real fast and easy in Lexington some Yellow may fly... It happens. Hopefully the fact that they have a Head Coach that Played at Miami can help East's sideline keep from getting those crazy sideline warnings that are bound to happen as well LOL. The thing is, like my coaches at Whitehaven used to say, you can't call them all back. Keep Scoring.

That thought isn't just shared by people on this Message Board... There are real humans that think that way... It's not far fetched to think that just ONE of the Refs working Friday doesn't go into that game with that mentality... Because of this FACT, when D. Turner turns the corner real fast and easy in Lexington some Yellow may fly... It happens. Hopefully the fact that they have a Head Coach that Played at Miami can help East's sideline keep from getting those crazy sideline warnings that are bound to happen as well LOL. The thing is, like my coaches at Whitehaven used to say, you can't call them all back. Keep Scoring.

That would have to do with a bias amongst the refs and nothing to do with the home team. But I will agree that a lot of people say that unjustly about Memphis teams. Keep scoring..... I like that. Lol!! Perfect solution to the problem.

That would have to do with a bias amongst the refs and nothing to do with the home team. But I will agree that a lot of people say that unjustly about Memphis teams. Keep scoring..... I like that. Lol!! Perfect solution to the problem.

Let me get this straight. We have a ref on our team now? That statement is pure ignorance. 

Let me define HOME COOKING

Home Cooking = Getting Favorable calls from the stripes along with fishy clock management at times. Usually has nothing to do with the Home Team but they sometimes have more leeway when it comes to provoking the away players into "unsportsmanlike conduct"

The question should be can Lexington stop Memphis East Star RB Devante Turner?

Usually it's the LBs that are impressive...not the RBs...at least in the lower divisions...lots talent on the field Friday evening for sure

What do you mean by "home cooking" BHS?? And how can you be "sure" there will be any???

It's at Lexington, they practically make yellow flags there...come on BPM

Even lhskicker will admit the yellow tends to fly there

Usually it's the LBs that are impressive...not the RBs...at least in the lower divisions...lots talent on the field Friday evening for sure

It's at Lexington, they practically make yellow flags there...come on BPM

Even lhskicker will admit the yellow tends to fly there

Those flags can go either way. I hope you guys are right and they go our way.

Edited by LHSallstatekicker

Memphis LBs and Dline are much more aggressive than typical teams we face locally...at least the kids playing for good Memphis teams are

Very quick off the ball and normally fantastic with leverage...they hit low (dropping their heads) which always concerns me when it comes to neck injuries...I've noticed Dburg doing so lately as well

All that being said, they tend to stop the run well...Lexington will have their work cut out for them

Wish I could watch this game, but thankful Liberty is still playing

Good luck to both squads, a lil more to Lexington

Winner gets PC...all kinds of speed there too

PC doesn't have speed! Besides we might not get pass SF.

I made mention of this "phenomenon" in the Carver vs Dresden thread and it caught some off guard. The "Athletic and Undisicplined" tag is associated with "urban teams" from large city's. It's not a "Memphis" thing. It happens to all of the schools that 'fit the sterotype' that the high schools from the inner city's are generally classified as. Urban schools from Nashville, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Birmingham, St. Louis, and etc. all face this delima. Especially when they travel to a subrban or rural setting. The ref's can't help it. They are human too. They don't do it on purpose actually, they have been programmed by society over the decades to think like this. They are good men with good intentions. Most don't even realize that they do it. They would actually be insulted if you included them in the numnber. It doesn't change the facts that it happens regulalry. IF you come from an urban program ... you just deal with it and keep on steppin. It is what it is. You just pray that it's not over the top to the point that you can't overcome it.

Edited by kwc