3rd Round- Nashville Christian(11-1) host Wayne County(12-0)

wildcatalumni

Your quite right Boo hoo, football players showing emotions during a big game is just awful....... :rolleyes:

It may appear taunting but no complaints here, NCS played with great emotion and football is a game of emotions. NCS is a very tough football team and WC brought it to them, just couldn't pull it off. Good luck NCS next week, I'll be pulling for yall, may even show up!

Sorry I let me emotions run high during the game! It was just such a great football game and an honor for all of us to watch those young men play the game we all love. Honestly, have nothing but respect for NCS! And for Wayne County, I believe your players, coaches, and fans are nothing other than a class act. I've come to know some of you throughout the season on the T and you guys should be proud. Same for NCS! If Wayne Couldn't win it then I've got to go with Yall to bring it home NCS! Hope you guys have a happy thanksgiving!

They were terrible. ...both ways....those guys should never be allowed to ref another game...matter of fact I think it was their first...like I said BOTH WAYS

I'll have to disagree with you there man. The head ref tonight has been doing his thing for decades and got a really high score on his evaluation last Friday night. Not perfect but that man has done a lot for TSSAA and the kids over the years and I heard some pretty bad things said about him tonight and that hurt

Edited by FearedEagle

#12 for NCS is the best player they have. Without him this would have been a totally different game, WC would have shut the Eagles down.

WC's defense was awesome after getting the jitters out and warmed up. Too bad NCS got a 2 TD lead before they did....

Ref's were horrible. Period.

If WC could've got it's offense together the 2nd half they would be playing next week. Give credit to NCS defense on the pressure they brought but WC #5 was off tonight. I've seen him play A LOT better than tonight. With the 5 straight defensive stops by WC's brilliant defense in the 2nd half, WC had lots of opportunities to win this but their offense just didn't click like I've seen it before.

Great game though.

I can honestly say if NCS gets to the Championship and faces CA if they get there too?.... CA wins.

I could tell by listening to last week's game with Houston County #5 sounded like he was off his game in that game. I then changed my prediction from WC beating NCS by 7 to NCS beating WC by 14 in the beginning of this thread.... Final point spread was 13 NCS.

Tough break Wildcats. Great Season and you have nothing to hold your heads down about. Overall you boys played awesome but just came up short tonight.

Edited by Big Bigby

Good game to watch. Nashville Christian had the best players but WC was much better coached. In my opinion. Ncs seems to get cute instead of playing hard nosed ball. WC surprised me. Didn't expect them to play as hard that long. Tough kids. Ncs just had too many athletes. Peabody could be trouble next week. Again, just my opinion.

Lots of respect for Wayne County football. All trash talk aside, Wayne County has showed more heart than any team we've seen all season. We were 0-0 with Trousdale at half in the last game of the regular season, and we came out and hit them in the mouth with physical football. We ended up putting 43 on them in the 3rd quarter. That was certainly not the case with Wayne County. Your boys fought until the absolute end. no matter the score. I hope some of that grit rubs off on us for the next two weeks. Other than a bit of out of hand trash talk, y'all as a whole seem like a real class act. Some of our young players had some trash talk get out of hand, but it was put out by Coach Brothers. A few of the players from both teams had a few late hits/shoves, but it happens with a game of this kind of emotion, and it's understandable. Rice and the offense played a pretty good game. I'm not going to lie, we underestimated your defense. The lack of size didn't slow y'all down a bit. Like I said, I've never seen a team play with as much heart as that. Though we know it's a tough loss (trust me, we've been there before), at least your senior boys will leave knowing that they left all that they had on the field. #4 is a good runner. Rice could read the defense well (for the most part), and will be a heck of a ball player next year. Again, tons of respect for WC football. Your fans seem to be classy, and I'm glad that I can write such a nice post to y'all such as this. I can't imagine that I'll be writing as nice of a post to Peabody fans next week right about now. Thank you for a great football game!