Blaickmun att Mairvul

STARSNBARS

Blackman's size caught my eye more than their speed.

Enntrustin. I heard the same from a friend in the boro. LOL. Maybe there is some hope. It's not often Murvil is able to get to the corner on someone. Murvil has 2-3 skill position guys that pick'em up pretty good but most of the region one teams are small and quick too. Maybe if the coaches can meet the challenge, then Murvil may be able stay clost.

Does murvil have a chance to be faster that blackman? Or are those both slower and smaller? Where is blackmans speed on the field?

Srongx we have there are 3 or 4 players at any given time that run in the 4.45 4.5 forty. Obviously not O-line but in the 2 of the 3 backs and a couple recievers and Yes both the o-line and d-line are quick , big and physical  Tight end -6-3 6-4 235-240 good hands  great run blocker as well as runs good routes.  Line backer core will flat knock your block off and has great lateral movement as well. and they play their gaps 

Edited by Blaze45

Srongx we have there are 3 or 4 players at any given time that run in the 4.45 4.5 forty. Obviously not O-line but in the 2 of the 3 backs and a couple recievers and Yes both the o-line and d-line are quick , big and physical Tight end -6-3 6-4 235-240 good hands great run blocker as well as runs good routes. Line backer core will flat knock your block off and has great lateral movement as well. and they play their gaps

C'mon blaze. I don't expect you to share a possible weakness, but there has to be some part of the game where Murvil has an edge or at least is even. Maybe Blackman breaks the rules an gets a lot of penalties? Maybe they don't value the ball? Give us something.

I got it! Home field!

Anybody heard a line on the game? O/U?

Edited by strongx

C'mon blaze. I don't expect you to share a possible weakness, but there has to be some part of the game where Murvil has an edge or at least is even. Maybe Blackman breaks the rules an gets a lot of penalties? Maybe they don't value the ball? Give us something.

I got it! Home field!

Maryvile has a 98-4 win record for the last 4 years .. they are talented play hard and play together as a team very well, and coached by the best, great fan base great facility They too are fast big and aggressive. I think you guys have had about 20+ years of advantages.. we are just trying to build a program similar. Yep we know all about the we don't lose at home record.... but streaks come to an end from time to time. Hope it is a good close game...( or we get REAL lucky and its not as close as some say or not the blow out others have predicted) 

Edited by Blaze45

Maryvile has a 98-4 win record for the last 4 years .. they are talented play hard and play together as a team very well, and coached by the best, great fan base great facility They too are fast big and aggressive. I think you guys have had about 20+ years of advantages.. we are just trying to build a program similar. Yep we know all about the we don't lose at home record.... but streaks come to an end from time to time. Hope it is a good close game...( or we get REAL lucky and its not as close as some say or not the blow out others have predicted)

Thats fair enough. Tradition, talent, effort, stars and rw87, history, and some luck. I'll take all those. It should be a good game. I hope for dry weather Friday and an easy trip for you guys. Had a nephew on the team that traveled up two years ago. No family this time. I may sit with shad and g91. See you tomorrow night.

I got it! Home field!

Maryville will have an edge against their defense. They've been able to cover up some of their weaknesses over the course of the season, but this defense just isn't as good (especially in the secondary where they will be without a key player) as some of the most recent defenses. I think Hopkins will have a big day throwing the football

Maryville is probably a 14-17 pt. favorite

As good of a game as this one may be, the one a couple years from now may be even better. Blackman is supposedly loaded with Sophs and murvils had 6 or so Sophs of their own that play key roles for the team.

If things continue on their current course, Maryville is going to see a pretty healthy dose of Oakland and Blackman ( with the occasional team from Smyrna) for the foreseeable future

Maryville will have an edge against their defense. They've been able to cover up some of their weaknesses over the course of the season, but this defense just isn't as good (especially in the secondary where they will be without a key player) as some of the most recent defenses. I think Hopkins will have a big day throwing the football

Maryville is probably a 14-17 pt. favorite

Who is out for this game? I have been at all the practices and I haven't seen anyone missing.