Henry County @ Centennial

HCBigRed

Sloppy field/weather usually means that a team must run the ball more to be successful. Henry County has one of the best run defenses in the state...so if Centennial must rely on the run more than the pass...advantage HC. HC also has a great rushing offense behind an outstanding offensive line and fullbacks. (#47 is running some fullback now so look out). Another advantage for HC this time around is that Centennial has had to start playing a lot more both ways...and they had to hang on for dear life the last time they played HC because they were out of gas. HC thrives on "wearing" other teams down...and then putting them away in the 4th. This is how I see this one playing out.  HC 24 Cent. 16

My memory isn't the greatest but didn't Centennial have a back (not Dodson) go for 125 yards or so in the first game?  I know there were some some big pass plays but think they also had some success on the ground.

I did see the first game and I agree. If HC comes out of the gate like they did last game...the same result will occur. However, I feel (this is totally my opinion by the way...and I am a confident fella) that the HC coaches will make the necessary adjustments and have the team ready to jump on em early and often.If there's anything the HC coaches have been great at over the years of success that they have experienced, it's making appropriate adjustments. The Centennial defense will have a little more to worry about this go around.

My memory isn't the greatest but didn't Centennial have a back (not Dodson) go for 125 yards or so in the first game?  I know there were some some big pass plays but think they also had some success on the ground.

stats were actually very even last game.  CHS did have a back over 120 but as a team they were under 100. But the final score is all that matters. If HC can keep down penalties and turnovers, I like their chances.  CHS converted several 3rd and long passes, and also scored on a 4th down RB pass. Can they execute that well again?

TEAM STATISTICS

First downs: HCHS 16, Centennial 14

Rushing yards: HCHS 108, Centennial 94

Passing yards: HCHS 185, Centennial 165

Total yards: HCHS 293, Centennial 259

Passing attempts/completions/interceptions: HCHS 25/15/1; Centennial 16/8/0

Punts/average: HCHS 3/38.3, Centennial 4/36.5

If HC can successfully pass enough to keep Centennial guessing then we have a decent chance at winning. This would open up our rushing game. If we can't do this it could be a long night just like the last game. I like our chances a little more this time around. 24-22 HC wins

Edited by redblooded

Coaching staff has a lot of energy this week. The attitude of revenge is in the air in Henry County. It will be a different team from when they played earlier.

HC 24 CHS 10

Think it's safe to assume all coaches have that extra energy

Should be a fun game but still think CHS wins it

Personally I am going for HC ( I know careful of what you wish for ) assuming Indy wins Friday and thinking they will I don't want to face Rector and CHS as they would like nothing better to erase the memory of Indy beating them 49-6 earlier in the year ........

Indy troll indeed.. Its funny how they come out of the woodwork when the team is relevant for the first time. Just couldn't hang in 6a

Woodwork ?

Don't think so Spartacus , been posting all the time / hang in 6a really ? Neither could Brentwood or Centenial whom always put a beat down on DC

Guess what even if 6a we would be #2 behind MHS

Indy troll indeed.. Its funny how they come out of the woodwork when the team is relevant for the first time.  Just couldn't hang in 6a

He's actually mellowed over the years since he posted as ND 66 and GoldenDomer.  I haven't seen him call anyone a little gurl (his spelling) or offer to meet another poster somewhere for a throw down in a couple years.

stats were actually very even last game.  CHS did have a back over 120 but as a team they were under 100. But the final score is all that matters. If HC can keep down penalties and turnovers, I like their chances.  CHS converted several 3rd and long passes, and also scored on a 4th down RB pass. Can they execute that well again?

TEAM STATISTICS

First downs: HCHS 16, Centennial 14

Rushing yards: HCHS 108, Centennial 94

Passing yards: HCHS 185, Centennial 165

Total yards: HCHS 293, Centennial 259

Passing attempts/completions/interceptions: HCHS 25/15/1; Centennial 16/8/0

Punts/average: HCHS 3/38.3, Centennial 4/36.5

Bump that BRR.

If the Big Red can limit the number of 3rd & 4th down conversion Centennial gets this time around,  l like our chances.

Also like Coach Junior said (at least 3) Cent scores resulted from players trying to do too much.

And drives being kept alive by timely flags: The pass interference flag thrown by the ref as he was about to pick up the ball in the endzone & the sideline catch/personal foul.