3A Quarterfinals: CAK at Alcoa (The Annual Rematch)

AlcoaBasketball

Surprised Alcoa didn't beat PF by more. I give Alcoa the edge but an upset wouldn't surprise me. This is definitely game of the week imo.

😳

Called the dogs off early IMO

Alcoa played a lot of freshmen 2nd half with PF playing starters until the clock ticked 0:00

35-0......and then the young players were getting some valuable playoff experience

If Cak wants to have a chance they will need to go back to the games they beat Alcoa. They will need to run some more draws and try to do a few screens although Alcoa is so well coached that might not matter. Cole Smith will need more pocket presence and the Cak D needs to focus on runs outside the tackle as well as watching that big fullback. I think this game might be somewhat closer and might be a slugfest to the end but I think Alcoa's D is too strong this year. I called the Catholic upset and would think Cak could do the same but having watched so much football since 1981 just don't think it will happen. Just remember anyone can be beat on any given day. I look for to Goodard field and the great rivalry between to great schools.

Alcoa is the team to beat every year. Everyone from the east knows that, and perhaps even those from the west and central are starting to figure that out. They are the favorite EVERY year to win the gold ball. BUT

Someone else has won that gold ball 3 out of the last 4 years:

2011 CAK

2012 CAK

2013 Alcoa

2014 CPA

It is no longer a given that they will win it all. They are STILL the favorite. But the favorite doesn't always win, as can be seen by the last 4 years.

In the final regular season game, Alcoa dominated the game and won by 26 points, with a very good CAK offense only scoring 7 points, and Alcoa scoring 33. Will having #15 available for CAK on both O and D help? Will the Tornadoes just cake walk through round 3? Will CRB have anything to counter Alcoa from the regular season, or will this just be another easy game for the Tornado faithful to nap through?

• Upvote 1