3A Quarterfinals: CAK at Alcoa (The Annual Rematch)

AlcoaBasketball

:))) sure he does...... We're always in the GOON section behind tornado alley! Come see Friday night... :)

Would have liked to meet you! I have met a number of the Alcoa posters (usually over good food) and all were great people. APB, BC, Scots50, F5, and even Stars from Maryville.  If something happens and my Thanksgiving company are occupied I will join you guys on Friday. If not, best of luck to Alcoa. I have a strong feeling the gold is coming back east this year.

I will echo GVK's response on this as well.  And since I guess I'm the one who created the confusion by referring to 15 as our "best" player I should probably try to close the loop on the issue.  I have seen every CAK high school game since at least 2010, as well as probably half of the middle school games during that time.  As a result, I watched 15 and many of the other seniors on this year's team "grow up" as young men and as football players.

While, as GVK alluded to, 15 doesn't fit some of the "measurables" big colleges look for, there's never been a doubt that CAK's team is much better when he's in the game.  For at least the last two years, he has been, in my opinion, and without trying to minimize the great contributions of others, clearly the "most valuable player" week in week out.  He has been the biggest offensive threat for the last two years, won all-state as a WR last year (and I'll be surprised if he doesn't repeat this year), and has been stellar on special teams.  He also makes the defense discernibly better on those occasions when he's been called on to play D, whether it be at CB, S or, last night, OLB.  Last year, he even filled in (perfectly as I recall) as the team's place kicker when the starting kicker was gone some due to soccer commitments.

Incredible hands, wonderful athletic ability, savvy, high football IQ, and great competitor.  While the Tornadoes shut him down, and frankly were so good CAK looked like it didn't really have a "best" player or "second best player," I think what you're hearing from GVK and from me is that, having watched these young Warrior men week in week out for several years, there's no denying this young man has been the most "valuable" to the team this year and probably last year as well.  I can see why you might scratch your head about our claim if you're basing things just on what happened Friday night, but I guess I would just have to ask you to trust us in our assessment, as Warrior fans, regarding the abilities and importance this player has had for the team.  My guess is this year's Alcoa D is so good it's made many teams' "best" players look not all that good!

Fair enough! However, during last nights game, I wouldn't say he was even the second best player on the team.....

I will echo GVK's response on this as well. And since I guess I'm the one who created the confusion by referring to 15 as our "best" player I should probably try to close the loop on the issue. I have seen every CAK high school game since at least 2010, as well as probably half of the middle school games during that time. As a result, I watched 15 and many of the other seniors on this year's team "grow up" as young men and as football players.

While, as GVK alluded to, 15 doesn't fit some of the "measurables" big colleges look for, there's never been a doubt that CAK's team is much better when he's in the game. For at least the last two years, he has been, in my opinion, and without trying to minimize the great contributions of others, clearly the "most valuable player" week in week out. He has been the biggest offensive threat for the last two years, won all-state as a WR last year (and I'll be surprised if he doesn't repeat this year), and has been stellar on special teams. He also makes the defense discernibly better on those occasions when he's been called on to play D, whether it be at CB, S or, last night, OLB. Last year, he even filled in (perfectly as I recall) as the team's place kicker when the starting kicker was gone some due to soccer commitments.

Incredible hands, wonderful athletic ability, savvy, high football IQ, and great competitor. While the Tornadoes shut him down, and frankly were so good CAK looked like it didn't really have a "best" player or "second best player," I think what you're hearing from GVK and from me is that, having watched these young Warrior men week in week out for several years, there's no denying this young man has been the most "valuable" to the team this year and probably last year as well. I can see why you might scratch your head about our claim if you're basing things just on what happened Friday night, but I guess I would just have to ask you to trust us in our assessment, as Warrior fans, regarding the abilities and importance this player has had for the team. My guess is this year's Alcoa D is so good it's made many teams' "best" players look not all that good!

ðŸ‘

I will echo GVK's response on this as well. And since I guess I'm the one who created the confusion by referring to 15 as our "best" player I should probably try to close the loop on the issue. I have seen every CAK high school game since at least 2010, as well as probably half of the middle school games during that time. As a result, I watched 15 and many of the other seniors on this year's team "grow up" as young men and as football players.

While, as GVK alluded to, 15 doesn't fit some of the "measurables" big colleges look for, there's never been a doubt that CAK's team is much better when he's in the game. For at least the last two years, he has been, in my opinion, and without trying to minimize the great contributions of others, clearly the "most valuable player" week in week out. He has been the biggest offensive threat for the last two years, won all-state as a WR last year (and I'll be surprised if he doesn't repeat this year), and has been stellar on special teams. He also makes the defense discernibly better on those occasions when he's been called on to play D, whether it be at CB, S or, last night, OLB. Last year, he even filled in (perfectly as I recall) as the team's place kicker when the starting kicker was gone some due to soccer commitments.

Incredible hands, wonderful athletic ability, savvy, high football IQ, and great competitor. While the Tornadoes shut him down, and frankly were so good CAK looked like it didn't really have a "best" player or "second best player," I think what you're hearing from GVK and from me is that, having watched these young Warrior men week in week out for several years, there's no denying this young man has been the most "valuable" to the team this year and probably last year as well. I can see why you might scratch your head about our claim if you're basing things just on what happened Friday night, but I guess I would just have to ask you to trust us in our assessment, as Warrior fans, regarding the abilities and importance this player has had for the team. My guess is this year's Alcoa D is so good it's made many teams' "best" players look not all that good!

ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

You bringing that Witch doctor off the top of the mountain with ya?

he will probly sneek up to watch it....he hasnt had any North Red Bank Mountain games to see......so hes been our biggest supporter at the games thru the playoffs.....closet Irish fan......but it gonna be in the Boogermobileant.... Troll ant stinkin and smokin up Boogers trunk

Booger just sayin bath-tub.gif

I just wanted to give a shout out to this year's Warrior senior class. You guys made us proud on and off the field! Thank you for the countless hours you put in to play the best game ever created. Watching you improve and become one of the best in the state was a lot of fun. What a great season! You dominated every game you played (except for the 2 obvious) and even took on North east TN's best team and dominated that game! Best of luck to you in your future plans!

I just wanted to give a shout out to this year's Warrior senior class. You guys made us proud on and off the field! Thank you for the countless hours you put in to play the best game ever created. Watching you improve and become one of the best in the state was a lot of fun. What a great season! You dominated every game you played (except for the 2 obvious) and even took on North east TN's best team and dominated that game! Best of luck to you in your future plans!

Pleasure watching these seniors play the last 4 years. So much talent. Looking forward to seeing players like 12, 75, 24, 66, 8, 21, 78, 16, etc lead this program into the future. I will miss watching these boys play more than any class since the state championship classes but the future is in good hands.