3A Quarterfinals: CAK at Alcoa (The Annual Rematch)

AlcoaBasketball

He did play probably the cleanest game of his high school career and no I didn't see the post on his .... Possible ... Injury . I was worried from day one about him seriously injuring my player or anyone on the field . Someone stepped in and did the right thing on the CAK staff! Glad to see him go and best of luck to him and his family.

Best of luck to you and your player as well as the Tornadoes the rest of the way.

I don't think anyone said "best player" or "best college prospect." Speaking only for myself, I said he was our biggest offensive threat this season. Statistically, that is not debatable. Most catches, most yards, most receiving touchdowns on a pass oriented team, etc. It just didn't matter last night because Alcoa was just that good.

If you talk about "best PLAYER" that opens up a larger discussion which includes linemen, and not just the skill positions. But if someone from CAK said best player I didn't catch it. I know I referred to him as our biggest offensive weapon / threat.

80081138-2125-4BCF-BC06-BF428D275BD9_zps

I don't think anyone said "best player" or "best college prospect." Speaking only for myself, I said he was our biggest offensive threat this season. Statistically, that is not debatable. Most catches, most yards, most receiving touchdowns on a pass oriented team, etc. It just didn't matter last night because Alcoa was just that good.

If you talk about "best PLAYER" that opens up a larger discussion which includes linemen, and not just the skill positions. But if someone from CAK said best player I didn't catch it. I know I referred to him as our biggest offensive weapon / threat.

Maybe I mis-read above post? Kind of guessed 2011 was talking bout 15?????? Who else was out during the first game that would be considered the best player on the team???

Maybe I mis-read above post? Kind of guessed 2011 was talking bout 15?????? Who else was out during the first game that would be considered the best player on the team???

I won't speak for 2011, but while I might have used different wording I will say this: If I had a vote for MVP this year, after watching every game CAK played, it would be an easy decision for me. #15. He easily gets my vote for most valuable player. Hope he gets to play on Saturdays. I know he doesn't have the ideal measurables but from what little I know / hear he is being looked at by the Ivy League schools. Apparently a very very bright kid, as well as a heck of an athlete! Best of luck to him, whatever he decides to do next year!

(Sidenote and unrelated, former CAK QB Quinn Epperly had an outstanding career at Princeton)

I won't speak for 2011, but while I might have used different wording I will say this: If I had a vote for MVP this year, after watching every game CAK played, it would be an easy decision for me. #15. He easily gets my vote for most valuable player. Hope he gets to play on Saturdays. I know he doesn't have the ideal measurables but from what little I know / hear he is being looked at by the Ivy League schools. Apparently a very very bright kid, as well as a heck of an athlete! Best of luck to him, whatever he decides to do next year!

(Sidenote and unrelated, former CAK QB Quinn Epperly had an outstanding career at Princeton)

Fair enough! 👠However, during last nights game, I wouldn't say he was even the second best player on the team.....

Fair enough! However, during last nights game, I wouldn't say he was even the second best player on the team.....

I think Alcoa's D left our O looking like we didn't have anyone on O that was a very good player. The truth is that O dominated to one degree or another every defense it played this year except Alcoa. Alcoa D is just that good. They made even a very very good O look inept. There is no question that losing 2 of the 5 starting O line hurt, but it wouldn't have mattered. Alcoa D is just too strong this year. I don't expect to see much scored on their ones the rest of the way....

I got to talk to APB last night before the game. Now before everyone get's jealous, I did not get an autograph, but it was good to see an old friend. I looked for BC and F5 and couldn't find them. I had hoped to meet Goon but that didn't happen either. Always a great time at Goddard Field, win or lose!

you don't want to meet goon, trust me :mrgreen: