3A Quarterfinals: CAK at Alcoa (The Annual Rematch)

AlcoaBasketball

I hope we don't resort to that LOL!

My vote would be throw a 4-5 yard hot route to Pope and let him steamroll a strong safety until they have to start putting two guys in his neighborhood, then that frees up somebody else.  It doesn't require very long pass pro to hit those passes.  'Course they're not paying me to call plays LOL.

Wonder if it would help to put Pope in at :ugeek:  the blindside for this game? 

You and gunslinger are talking about different players if you read his subsequent post.  And you went right ahead and started comparing specific players anyway.  So much for not quibbling within the Warrior family.  

And you do realize, I hope, that if you're comparing the 11-12 underclassmen, you're comparing them to four current players, three of whom are seniors.  So, I guess I'm at a loss for the whole point of your comparison in the first place, as well as respectfully disagreeing with the substance of your conclusions.  Are you trying to argue that this year's OL is better than 11-12 because three seniors and one junior are, in your opinion, better than two underclassmen who played on the 11-12 OL?  I guess I really just don't see the point in you bringing this up in the first place as it has no bearing on tonight's game, and then you say you don't want to specifically compare CAK players against each other to cause hard feelings, yet go right ahead and do it anyway.

The group of current players you've mentioned has not come anywhere close over the last two years to achieving the kind of unbelievably low sack ratio the 11-12 teams had.  And, at least this year anyway, has overall played against less challenging competition than the 11-12 teams (the '14 schedule was a bear for sure).  Hasn't been a 1,000 yard rusher since '13 either.  Does that have anything to do with the OL?

You're right Warriors2011, I would never look to cause hurt feelings from any of the Warrior faithful or parents but I stand by my statement and echo gunslinger's. 63, 72, and 52 were top notch high school offensive linemen. I would replace the remaining 2 with any of the 4 I previously mentioned. You can never take away what the 11/12 team accomplished, and I'm thankful to have been able to watch them play.

Edited by Warriors2011

I think we can all agree that both this year's line, especially when healthy, and the 11-12 lines were very good. As far as tonight's game, seriously, I would be surprised if, despite a ridiculous injury to player ratio, this game is not more competitive than most of the state thinks it will be. One thing I feel certain is that the Warriors will leave it all on the field, and that this game will actually be played on a FIELD, not paper. OK, that's 2 things I'm certain of.

Agree completely with both points!  This will be a game.

I think we can all agree that both this year's line, especially when healthy, and the 11-12 lines were very good. As far as tonight's game, seriously, I would be surprised if, despite a ridiculous injury to player ratio, this game is not more competitive than most of the state thinks it will be. One thing I feel certain is that the Warriors will leave it all on the field, and that this game will actually be played on a FIELD, not paper. OK, that's 2 things I'm certain of.

Well, I hate to brag, but....

I have given this entire game a lot of thought. I have concluded that the only honorable thing for Alcoa to do is to play with 7 men. The others can take the night off. I'll choose the 7.

Well...I do like to brag...and I was once told I run like a duck! I'm not sure if it's the snowshoe affect or skates and no ice....but hey...you gotta take the compliments as they come. Have you ever caught a duck? Chances are no....they're too fast or too scary.

I'd like to add Gunslinger to the mix as well....assuming he's over 40...and at 300 plus....sounds like it would be a good competition! I'd love to run behind that flowing mullet! haha

Assuming I didn't die in the process...I'm thinking I could finish in the top three!!

You guys are wasting your time here.

You sound like a bunch of Tennessee fans with a slide rule trying to figure a way into the SEC championship game back in the 90's after another Florida loss....

Not gonna happen, boys.

Johnny....you are likely correct....going into Alcoa and winning a playoff game is a longshot....but it's still fun to talk about. If CAK wins....which is possible...then it will be awesome.

The truth of the matter is....this is basically the State Championship game (much disrespect to the West.....but inadvertently....them thinking they can beat either team, is like CAK thinking they can come to Alcoa and win....except, a longer shot.)

Karate chop to the face!

Edited by BRPro