3A Quarterfinals: CAK at Alcoa (The Annual Rematch)

AlcoaBasketball

Seriously, three of my favorite things: God, guns, boots, football and bbq. Wait, that's 4....

Atlleast you have your priorities right and it's funny you say that because my dad is a preacher,my brother owne's a gun store,my best friend wife owne's a boot store and I live near Ridgewood barbecue. Edited by lawnman
  • Upvote 1

I watched these two teams play in the regular season. The two premier Class 3A programs in the state. This will be a totally different ball game the second time around. Coach Bradley will have a game plan to attack the Alcoa defense. Smith will have a big game through the air a and CAK will keep it close for three quarters. Alcoa seals the game in the 4th for a 34-24 win.

I watched these two teams play in the regular season. The two premier Class 3A programs in the state. This will be a totally different ball game the second time around. Coach Bradley will have a game plan to attack the Alcoa defense. Smith will have a big game through the air a and CAK will keep it close for three quarters. Alcoa seals the game in the 4th for a 34-24 win.

I see very similar but with lower scores.

remember; that means they will have to score 21 more points than they did first match....only their big sister and Heritage put 20 on them this year.....not sure how Heritage did that

Booger just sayin <_<

Booger just sayin  

As usual...thanks for all the great posters....knowledgeable and entertaining.

Just tried to make it a little more entertaining for myself this week. Tired of the same song!....going into this game hopeful as always. Alcoa is a machine. Fun to watch.

Will say a prayer for no injuries. Can't wait.

My understanding is Alcoa had just a little over 100 yards on 38 rushes first time, so they might be tempted to throw the ball more than usual this time. However, CAK's secondary will be stronger this time due to personnel changes, so I think those things equal up to Alcoa abandoning the pass and grinding it out on the ground, which translates into lower scores. 21 of Alcoa's points first time came on big plays (all passing or at least set up by long passes as I recall). Hopefully those breakdowns by CAK's secondary won't happen this time. If CAK can minimize the big strikes by Alcoa, I expect a much more competitive game this time. The Tornadoes are obviously the odds-on favorites, but you never know what can happen. Hopefully we'll all get our money's worth.

I see very similar but with lower scores.

My understanding is Alcoa had just a little over 100 yards on 38 rushes first time, so they might be tempted to throw the ball more than usual this time. However, CAK's secondary will be stronger this time due to personnel changes, so I think those things equal up to Alcoa abandoning the pass and grinding it out on the ground, which translates into lower scores. 21 of Alcoa's points first time came on big plays (all passing or at least set up by long passes as I recall). Hopefully those breakdowns by CAK's secondary won't happen this time. If CAK can minimize the big strikes by Alcoa, I expect a much more competitive game this time. The Tornadoes are obviously the odds-on favorites, but you never know what can happen. Hopefully we'll all get our money's worth.

It will be interesting. I wish this one was televised like the last one. Win or lose it is always interesting to go back and watch a replay.

For you Alcoa fans, is there anywhere that will have this game available to watch online afterward?

It will be interesting. I wish this one was televised like the last one. Win or lose it is always interesting to go back and watch a replay.

For you Alcoa fans, is there anywhere that will have this game available to watch online afterward?

I'm surprised that this game wasn't chosen by MYVLT as the playoff game of the week.  Good luck CAK.