Mt Juliet 6-6

GhostbusterBob

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TP is 15-18 in 3 years, are staff changes coming?

This is a pointless thread to get a rise out of people. You can only do so much with mediocre talent, MJ does not have much speed out on the field. Coaching is not the issue. Did TP have a contrez mccathern? Caleb Hopkins? Reed Gurchiek? Vaughn Cornelia? No! Name one star player that TP has had. Not to diss on the players of the last three seasons, but we haven't had those caliber players in a few years. Deal with the facts, you win games having good players.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

This is a pointless thread to get a rise out of people. You can only do so much with mediocre talent, MJ does not have much speed out on the field. Coaching is not the issue. Did TP have a contrez mccathern? Caleb Hopkins? Reed Gurchiek? Vaughn Cornelia? No! Name one star player that TP has had. Not to diss on the players of the last three seasons, but we haven't had those caliber players in a few years. Deal with the facts, you win games having good players.

You're discrediting athletes, juniors down who went undefeated as middle schoolers and in regular season play as Freshman with the only loss was to Riverdale in a post season bowl. If you were a true Bear fan you would know these stats and realize that it's the leadership that starts a football team and these kids in their circles shake their heads at our leaders character. You my friend have just downed young men who have played together since they were 5 and a few more that have come to be accepted in the bear nation. Let's start from where change needs be. Start with an offensive coordinator that can call effective plays and will use athletes to their abilities and not restrict them due to their size and height and make derogatory comments about them when you failed personally on the professional level. Second, the leadership. I think our leader is an outstanding family man farther than that NOPE. Lastly, the AD needs to go. If you continually are chained to the good Ole boy regime your never going to succeed. Sorry sir but you have just discredited a lot of young men that have more character than you ever will.

No offense to you or your kid, or those you coached down at Charlie Daniels, but the MJ team I saw this year was just not very talented. Maybe should have been 7-5, but that is about it.

Talent comes in cycles unless you are going out and getting it. Pee wee and junior high success is NOT a determining factor in high school. Too many factors involved. I have seen a lot of absolute BEAST kids in 12 year old ball never grow another inch and get left behind.

Do I think TP is as good as his father? No, but he is not bad either.

You arrogant ####. You're discrediting athletes, juniors down who went undefeated as middle schoolers and in regular season play as Freshman with the only loss was to Riverdale in a post season bowl. If you were a true Bear fan you would know these stats and realize that it's the leadership that starts a football team and these kids in their circles shake their heads at our leaders character. You my friend have just downed young men who have played together since they were 5 and a few more that have come to be accepted in the bear nation. Let's start from where change needs be. Start with an offensive coordinator that can call effective plays and will use athletes to their abilities and not restrict them due to their size and height and make derogatory comments about them when you failed personally on the professional level. Second, the leadership. I think our leader is an outstanding family man farther than that NOPE. Lastly, the AD needs to go. If you continually are chained to the good Ole boy regime your never going to succeed. Sorry sir but you have just discredited a lot of young men that have more character than you ever will.

Sorry, but this looks like a post that comes from an aggravated person from knowing a player on that team. Face the facts man.... Your athletes were not up to par in certain positions to be a 7-8-9 win team this year. And I'm just going to be blunt about this. The teams that MJ dressed 3-4 years ago COULD HAD PICKED THE SCORE against these teams. Ive seen the film from this year from a few games. Simply didn't have the overall speed to keep up with a fast team. And those big lines got pushed around all night!! That isn't all coaching!!! If Roger had been your coach this year, he could had maybe got one more win. That's it.

Gah bull-crap. MJ should NOT have lost to franklin,cane ridge, OR gallatin. 

In each one of those games they were mysteriously outplayed,to an excessive level. When you have two even teams, the team that goes down,20-0,21-0, is the one being out-freakin-coached,

because I can tell you RIGHT now,Franklin,CR,and Gallatin are not world beaters talent wise in comparison to MJ,but all those teams won or led by 20+ points against MJ.

Gallatin really shouldnt have won after their 21-0 lead to 31-34  choke job squaker...

What does that make MJ? If they had a coach? 8-2? With that **** talent? Better seeding? Most likely still playing right now? I dont know. Probably

I wont name the players that this team has had or has now, thats just as talented as those past players,because ive done it before.

But MJGB, P L E A S E  continue to throw the kids under the bus,while BLINDLY supporting Trey perry's piledriving of this program. 

Edited by SkipBayless

In each one of those games they were mysteriously outplayed,to an excessive level. When you have two even teams, the team that goes down,20-0,21-0, is the one being out-freakin-coached,

because I can tell you RIGHT now,Franklin,CR,and Gallatin are not world beaters talent wise in comparison to MJ,but all those teams won or led by 20+ points against MJ.

Gallatin really shouldnt have won after their 21-0 lead to 31-34 choke job squaker...

What does that make MJ? If they had a coach? 8-2? With that **** talent? Better seeding? Most likely still playing right now? I dont know. Probably

I wont name the players that this team has had or has now, thats just as talented as those past players,because ive done it before.

But MJGB, P L E A S E continue to throw the kids under the bus,while BLINDLY supporting Trey perry's piledriving of this program.

You're completely delusional if you actually think MJ is anywhere near the talent level of a few years back. It's honestly not even close. And the fact is, you were 5-5, not 8-2! You DIDNT beat Gallatin, Cane Ridge, or Franklin. And do you want to know a common thing about those 3 losses? Indeed, all three had more overall talent on the field than MJ this year. Cane Ridge dominated your non-existent offense, so don't act like you had a chance to win that game. You didn't. Gallatin game, if you actually heard or seen that match, those last two td's were with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Those were garbage time td's that made the game appear close. You didn't stop Mason all night. (Had you guys loaded the box that night, you could've had a lot better chance, but you didn't ) and Franklin game, you had no answer for that offense. Those were 3 losses where you were flat out beat. Heck, a terrible Spring Hill (class 3A at that) totally dominated MJ in a fall scrimmage. Once again, not on x's & o's. & as bad as Gallatin looked this year on offense, they did just line up and whip MJ on the line of scrimmage that night. I'm sorry, but coaching is not most of your issues.

Next year though, I could see you guys making a run possibly. Future is looking better there. But no, you were a 5-5, 6-4 type of team this year. Not an 8-2. Definitely not a 9-1 or 10-0 team like 2011 & 2012. Comical that you think those teams were no better talent than what has been fielded the past couple years.

Edited by thegreatone36

Gallatin really shouldnt have won after their 21-0 lead to 31-34 choke job squaker...

But MJGB, P L E A S E continue to throw the kids under the bus,while BLINDLY supporting Trey perry's piledriving of this program.

Ok you keep avoiding the facts, the demographics, the lack of speed and athleticism, lack of true playmakers. I'm a realistic person. Honestly I've learned from the past two seasons that whatever these kids did as freshman doesn't necessarily translate to varsity, and honestly for you all to use that as some sort of measuring marker for future success, your mental state needs to be evaluated. As the guy said above me, talent comes in waves, and we haven't had much of it lately!

How about my point of throwing out past studs MJ has had! Everyone avoided the fact that we haven't had players like that in 3 seasons under TP. All you all did was say how bad I am to "throw kids under the bus" You guys are blind to the facts, I will stick by my opinions. It also doesn't help that Skip/turnitout just look like trolls.... Shoot all of your posts on here are used to diss TP.

You're completely delusional if you actually think MJ is anywhere near the talent level of a few years back. It's honestly not even close. And the fact is, you were 5-5, not 8-2! You DIDNT beat Gallatin, Cane Ridge, or Franklin. And do you want to know a common thing about those 3 losses? Indeed, all three had more overall talent on the field than MJ this year. Cane Ridge dominated your non-existent offense, so don't act like you had a chance to win that game. You didn't. Gallatin game, if you actually heard or seen that match, those last two td's were with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Those were garbage time td's that made the game appear close. You didn't stop Mason all night. (Had you guys loaded the box that night, you could've had a lot better chance, but you didn't ) and Franklin game, you had no answer for that offense. Those were 3 losses where you were flat out beat. Heck, a terrible Spring Hill (class 3A at that) totally dominated MJ in a fall scrimmage. Once again, not on x's & o's. & as bad as Gallatin looked this year on offense, they did just line up and whip MJ on the line of scrimmage that night. I'm sorry, but coaching is not most of your issues.

Next year though, I could see you guys making a run possibly. Future is looking better there. But no, you were a 5-5, 6-4 type of team this year. Not an 8-2. Definitely not a 9-1 or 10-0 team like 2011 & 2012. Comical that you think those teams were no better talent than what has been fielded the past couple years.

Did you actually watch the games you are so confidently commenting on? NONE OF THOSE TEAMS HAD ANYONE THAT WAS A WORLD BEATER. NOT ONE OF THEM.

The difference is those programs have 100% bought in to their coach and their program. I guarantee you that's not the case at MJ

And really? "Made the game appear close"? I was at that game you know..just like I've been to every other MJ game except the whitehaven game...And gallatin had NO answer for that "turrible" MJ offense in the second half. You got outscored 31-13, and needed a clinching first down to actually put them away. MJ had every amount of momentum in the second half.

I know you're happy gallatin has trashed MJ all these years under TP... Of course you want him to stay.

And no, these past few MJ teams don't have Caleb Hopkins and contrez like players, you're right, but let's not act like Beech reloads with a new jalen Hurd every year for example, and they're doing JUST fine.

It's a 6A team. The talent is there. The school is huge. MJ continues to grow as a city. I can tell you right now, there's a lot of potentially good players walking the halls at MJ (or maybe have had it with the idiots at MJ, FROM THE Admins to the coaches,and are at other schools, looking at WC and Hooper, just one example)

THEY WANT NOTHING TO DO with the Crapshow trey perry is running. It's probably the same at Lebanon. No one wants to be apart of that dumpster fire either.

Either get that through your head, or get used to these undefeated FRESH/JV teams, that end up being 10-15 member senior classes that all hate the head coach in one way or another by their final year. Wake up.

Edited by CoachT