Wilson Central at Whitehaven

Haven04

Yeldarb:

I haven't seen a lot of footage of WC ... just what is on HUDL, but several players stood out to me. #6 is a big DB at 6'-3" and 190 lbs. #5 is also a nice sized DB at 6'-1" and 185 lbs. Are either of those guys getting any looks from any of the colleges?

I'm not sure. #5 is a junior and his dad is an asst coach who helps some of the kids with recruiting, so I imagine he is getting some good looks. I am not a football expert but I believe he is our best player on defense. I hope #6 gets offers because he is a great kid. My wife and I probably cheer louder for him than our own son. I know that's not a good reason but that's really all I know about it.

The only ones I hear about getting looks are 51,4,and 45. Some of the others may, I just am not in that loop.

I'm not sure. #5 is a junior and his dad is an asst coach who helps some of the kids with recruiting, so I imagine he is getting some good looks. I am not a football expert but I believe he is our best player on defense. I hope #6 gets offers because he is a great kid. My wife and I probably cheer louder for him than our own son. I know that's not a good reason but that's really all I know about it.

The only ones I hear about getting looks are 51,4,and 45. Some of the others may, I just am not in that loop.

That's right ... #6 is a junior. I'd think he will get plenty of offers. #'s 51, 4, and 45. I'll be sure to go back and look at their profiles. Well, I've already looked at #4's. He's a main cog in your Wing-T offense that you guys run. He has a low center of gravity and he's got some spped. I especially noticed how his big runs come right up the gut on quick hitters. He's a quality RB in the type of offense you guys run.

Some of us wish we had the opportunity to play in the cold. Just saying!

I remember when Whiethaven wasn't this consistent. I also remember coach Saulsberry's first few years and people were critisizing the teams performance ... not looking at the year-to-year improvement of the program. I remember after the first few years when Whitehaven got put out of the 2nd round 2 years in a row ... when before that, we didn't even have that consitency. Then the 3rd round. Then the semi's. Then losing in the championship game. then winning it all in 2012. I was along for the ride. Even then, with all of that, there were folks saying all kinds of things about how coach Saulsberry didn't do this ... or he couldn't do that ... yada, yada, yada. I marveled at the negativity and I kept thinking ... do you people not see the growth? (I'm talking Whitehaven fans in the stands and what not). I remember having a knock down drag-out conversation with a youth football coach about coach Saulsberry in 2013 in the stands ... and I was like ... what is your problem with his coaching? Whitehaven has NEVER ... in the era to which I live ... had a coach who has consistently WON on a high level such as this. And you are sitting here complaining about what exactly? It's just mind boggeling. People seem to think that what these coaches do is common place. It took coach Saulsberry YEARS to win over the masses. Now, there is the opposite to be wary about. There are folk who now just assume that a championship game is emminent. Like ... there aren't other coaches and players out there working towards the same goal. The Whitehaven community had to learn that it's not an automatic thing to get there, even with a good solid program in place. You just can't take it for granted because there are other good teams out there who can beat you on any given night. The expectation is there ... and if you are a winning program, you welcome that. But, you just can't take it for granted ... it has to be earned on the field of play ... every week.

I'm definately not taking this season or any team Whitehaven will face for granted. I know the coaching staff knows and communicates this to the team. Fans ... well, that is out of the coaches control.

IF, Whitehaven wins this Friday, and IF Ravenwood defeats White Station, then the semi-final would be played at Ravenwood. IF that scenerio works out, why not come to the game. Again, IF that scenerio happens I will more then likely be at that game. My wife is from Nashville and we've made plans on being there during the Thanksgiving Holiday. If you come to the game and I'm at the game, I'd love to buy you a hot chocolate.

Edited by kwc

I remember when Whiethaven wasn't this consistent. I also remember coach Saulsberry's first few years and people were critisizing the teams performance ... not looking at the year-to-year improvement of the program. I remember after the first few years when Whitehaven got put out of the 2nd round 2 years in a row ... when before that, we didn't even have that consitency. Then the 3rd round. Then the semi's. Then losing in the championship game. then winning it all in 2012. I was along for the ride. Even then, with all of that, there were folks saying all kinds of things about how coach Saulsberry didn't do this ... or he couldn't do that ... yada, yada, yada. I marveled at the negativity and I kept thinking ... do you people not see the growth? (I'm talking Whitehaven fans in the stands and what not). I remember having a knock down drag-out conersation with a youth football coach about coach Saulsberry in 2013 in the stands ... and I was like ... what is your problem with his coaching? Whitehaven has NEVER ... in the era to which I live ... had a coach who has consistently WON on a high level such as this. And you are sitting here complaining about what exactly? It's just mind boggeling. People seem to think that what these coaches do is common place. It took coach Saulsberry YEARS to win over the masses. Now, there is the opposite to be wary about. There are folk who now just assume that a championship game is emminent. Like ... there aren't other coaches and players out there working towards the same goal. The Whitehaven community had to learn that it's not an automatic thing to get there, even with a good solid program in place. You just can't take it for granted because there are other good teams out there who can beat you on any given night. The expectation is there ... and if you are a winning program, you welcome that. But, you just can't take it for granted ... it has to be earned on the field of play ... every week.

I'm definately not taking this season or any team Whitehaven will face for granted. I know the coaching staff knows and communicates this to the team. Fans ... well, that is out of the coaches control.

IF, Whitehaven wins this Friday, and IF Ravenwood defeats White Station, then the semi-final would be played at Ravenwood. IF that scenerio works out, why not come to the game. Again, IF that scenerio happens I will more then likely be at that game. My wife is from Nashville and we've made plans on being there during the Thanksgiving Holiday. If you come to the game and I'm at the game, I'd love to buy you a hot chocolate.

KWC , being a Football fan I think is very similar to being a Fisherman ... nearly everybody Fishes , but there is just a Small number of actual fishermen who know what they're really doing .... that doesn't stop ALL the fishermen from thinking they know better than everybody else .

I've sat in the Stands at Hundreds of High School Football games in my Life and it never stops amazing me how many Clueless people are out there who want to shout out their " ADVICE " to the Coaches .... even here at Maryville I've heard people who I know have never played a Down of Football questioning Coach George Quarles ... and they actually do believe they know more about Football than he does because they've watched a few Games !! Sometimes it's just best to shake your head , Laugh out Loud .... and ignore them . 

KWC , being a Football fan I think is very similar to being a Fisherman ... nearly everybody Fishes , but there is just a Small number of actual fishermen who know what they're really doing .... that doesn't stop ALL the fishermen from thinking they know better than everybody else .

I've sat in the Stands at Hundreds of High School Football games in my Life and it never stops amazing me how many Clueless people are out there who want to shout out their " ADVICE " to the Coaches .... even here at Maryville I've heard people who I know have never played a Down of Football questioning Coach George Quarles ... and they actually do believe they know more about Football than he does because they've watched a few Games !! Sometimes it's just best to shake your head , Laugh out Loud .... and ignore them . 

I hear you Pep ... sometimes somebody says something and you just snap. Your brain says ... "leave it alone" ... but your heart says ... "NOPE ... not gonna do it!" ... and the next thing you know you are having a heated discussion in the stands of a high school football game talking about whatever ... and thirty minutes later you sit there and admonish yourself by saying ... "I should have just kept my mouth shut" because the discussion went nowhere!

SMH at myself! ... :roflol:

Edited by kwc

I remember when Whiethaven wasn't this consistent. I also remember coach Saulsberry's first few years and people were critisizing the teams performance ... not looking at the year-to-year improvement of the program. I remember after the first few years when Whitehaven got put out of the 2nd round 2 years in a row ... when before that, we didn't even have that consitency. Then the 3rd round. Then the semi's. Then losing in the championship game. then winning it all in 2012. I was along for the ride. Even then, with all of that, there were folks saying all kinds of things about how coach Saulsberry didn't do this ... or he couldn't do that ... yada, yada, yada. I marveled at the negativity and I kept thinking ... do you people not see the growth? (I'm talking Whitehaven fans in the stands and what not). I remember having a knock down drag-out conversation with a youth football coach about coach Saulsberry in 2013 in the stands ... and I was like ... what is your problem with his coaching? Whitehaven has NEVER ... in the era to which I live ... had a coach who has consistently WON on a high level such as this. And you are sitting here complaining about what exactly? It's just mind boggeling. People seem to think that what these coaches do is common place. It took coach Saulsberry YEARS to win over the masses. Now, there is the opposite to be wary about. There are folk who now just assume that a championship game is emminent. Like ... there aren't other coaches and players out there working towards the same goal. The Whitehaven community had to learn that it's not an automatic thing to get there, even with a good solid program in place. You just can't take it for granted because there are other good teams out there who can beat you on any given night. The expectation is there ... and if you are a winning program, you welcome that. But, you just can't take it for granted ... it has to be earned on the field of play ... every week.

IF, Whitehaven wins this Friday, and IF Ravenwood defeats White Station, then the semi-final would be played at Ravenwood. IF that scenerio works out, why not come to the game. Again, IF that scenerio happens I will more then likely be at that game. My wife is from Nashville and we've made plans on being there during the Thanksgiving Holiday. If you come to the game and I'm at the game, I'd love to buy you a hot chocolate.

I do not want to hijack this thread but you bring up some very interesting points. Very much like the Mt Juliet thread in regard to coaching changes.

The chances are slim but maybe Gallatin and Whitehaven will meet up so I can try that food ya'll talk about so much at the Haven games!! kwc you are a great ambassador for Whitehaven and all of West Tn.

I was an official a couple years ago and it amazes me how some fans can see bad calls on the other side of the field....lol My friends that set around me now wait for my reaction or they ask me why the official missed it. Unless you are there on the field trying to watch everything going on you don't know how difficult it is. Usually when I yell at an official I'm pretty specific about what he did wrong not just " bad call cmon" or my favorite, the one who's son goes held every play. They here that all game long. If you are a fan you cannot see the other side of the field well enough to complain and even if you happen to be right the official on that side has no chance to hear you yell.

That's right ... #6 is a junior. I'd think he will get plenty of offers. #'s 51, 4, and 45. I'll be sure to go back and look at their profiles. Well, I've already looked at #4's. He's a main cog in your Wing-T offense that you guys run. He has a low center of gravity and he's got some spped. I especially noticed how his big runs come right up the gut on quick hitters. He's a quality RB in the type of offense you guys run.

#6 is a senior #5 is a junior. # 4 is the one who made Cordova give up but #45 has been very strong recently. I would say we no longer run the wing t but the last 4 weeks they have changed something every week

I see. #51 , Alex Comer is 6'-5" tall and 270 lbs. Nice pancake blocks! I also see where #4, Tyler Bowes is stout at 5'-9" and 185 lbs. I see where it says that he runs a 4.59 40 yd dash I don't doubt it because that is him pulling away from the Cordova DBs in this highlight isn't it? Impressive. I see he doesn't waste anytime in the open field ... north-south runner. You gotta love that in your dive back in the Wing-T. Then, there is #45, Jordan Hooper, running it out of the I, AND playing LB. I see he did his thing against Cordova as well. His running style reminds me of John Riggins from back in the day running behind the hogs from the Washington Redskins. #77, Brandon Bennet has some nice size on him as well at 6'-4" and 250 lbs. Never let it be said that WC doesn't have any players.

Edited by kwc