CPA basketball interesting year ahead

Mothman26

Any if your posts on 11/19 show your disdain for CPAs coach and show what you think. Its there written for everyone to see. You can try to argue semantics or interpretation but that won't deflect attention from your comments.

Additionally, your almost giddy posts asking about scores from losses and your comments about your departure clearly show your frustration.

Its amazing you are defending all your attacks and comments? Sometimes coach it's best to just let it go. You made this bed.

PlayersCoach, housekeeping made the bed at CPA not Kbrks. That is fact. The program was a solid and consistent winner the right way with home grown kids. After that, the situation turned very different very quickly. Those are facts as well. I think getting burned by the dark side of AAU may have caused the sudden change of heart. Funny when it gets done to you it takes the giddiness out of it.

As for you and Kbrks, you both have your own side to the debate. Obviously, neither is going to change their outlook.  Letting it get to this point is on the two of you. Both need to let it go.

PlayersCoach, housekeeping made the bed at CPA not Kbrks. That is fact. The program was a solid and consistent winner the right way with home grown kids. After that, the situation turned very different very quickly. Those are facts as well. I think getting burned by the dark side of AAU may have caused the sudden change of heart. Funny when it gets done to you it takes the giddiness out of it.

As for you and Kbrks, you both have your own side to the debate. Obviously, neither is going to change their outlook. Letting it get to this point is on the two of you. Both need to let it go.

I'm not attempting to change his opinion at all. My recent posts are a defense of my character and response to his childish rants. The timeline in this thread proves it.

His MO is to make smarmy comments, make personal attacks, then claim righteous indignation when challenged about it.

Can't change the narrative now boss. You don't have to apologize. Just do better next time.

The more you post the "odder duck" you become.  Never have I changed the narrative, but you should not think you can dictate the narrative by misquoting me and projecting on to me things I never said.  If you think misquoting and projecting is integrity and can not be challenged, questioned or "attacked" (as you describe it) then you are sadly mistaken.  Plus, if you can express your opinion about a coach's ability, others can do the same.  Be consistent without double standards and hypocrisy.  You think if my experience had been different at CPA I would think that Maddux is a great coach?  If so, you would be wrong.  My opinion would be the same, but subject to change if the facts dictate a change.  

Based on your standards (or should I say your double standards) then your are nothing but a "jealous," "bitter," "disgruntled," ex-parent who has put BA in a bad light by how you describe the situation and using words like "politics."  

...I know Bigchief well. Saw him after Christmas. I think he would agree that after your tome and questioning of my character a response was needed...

Not seeing where Bigchief or anyone thinks a response was needed due to the questioning of your character, but I am seeing that all you have done is open the door for people to question it as noted by rulefollower's comment, "We can see for ourselves that you CANNOT quote him saying what you claim he says."

The more you post the "odder duck" you become. Never have I changed the narrative, but you should not think you can dictate the narrative by misquoting me and projecting on to me things I never said. If you think misquoting and projecting is integrity and can not be challenged, questioned or "attacked" (as you describe it) then you are sadly mistaken. Plus, if you can express your opinion about a coach's ability, others can do the same. Be consistent without double standards and hypocrisy. You think if my experience had been different at CPA I would think that Maddux is a great coach? If so, you would be wrong. My opinion would be the same, but subject to change if the facts dictate a change.

Based on your standards (or should I say your double standards) then your are nothing but a "jealous," "bitter," "disgruntled," ex-parent who has put BA in a bad light by how you describe the situation and using words like "politics."

Hyperbole much? With each tome you prove everything I've said.

I don't think he's a great coach, have never said as much, and don't require you to have that opinion. That's an extreme nonlinear comment by you and is obviously emotional grasping at straws in an attempt to change the narrative.

As far as being an "ex-parent" is concerned I'm still a parent of three and have never had a child at BA. Using politics was an error in judgment but supports the view held by several. I should have used another word or refrained altogether.

...With each tome you prove everything I've said...

According to you, but one thing going on here is a "failure to communicate."  It is not hyperbole, not extreme nonlinear comment, not a grasp, not a narrative change.  What it is, is an example to support a point.  Never said you said he was a great coach, that is what I have said in response to other people's opinions.  

But me saying he is not a great coach, does not mean I said what you attribute to me saying a "bad coach."  Never said it, don't even think it.  As a coach, which I have also said in the past, is certain things I believe he does well and others not so.  My experience at CPA does not color my opinion of what I believe his or anyone's ability to coach.  My experience at CPA did give me an inside look and put me in a position of strong disagreement on certain issues.  When in that position, certain words are used to illustrate the point.  Not going to sugar coat it, just being real.  One of my responsibilities is to make sure I am not being dishonest or misquoting people.  I advise you to do the same.  

According to you, but one thing going on here is a "failure to communicate." It is not hyperbole, not extreme nonlinear comment, not a grasp, not a narrative change. What it is, is an example to support a point. Never said you said he was a great coach, that is what I have said in response to other people's opinions.

But me saying he is not a great coach, does not mean I said what you attribute to me saying a "bad coach." Never said it, don't even think it. As a coach, which I have also said in the past, is certain things I believe he does well and others not so. My experience at CPA does not color my opinion of what I believe his or anyone's ability to coach. My experience at CPA did give me an inside look and put me in a position of strong disagreement on certain issues. When in that position, certain words are used to illustrate the point. Not going to sugar coat it, just being real. One of my responsibilities is to make sure I am not being dishonest or misquoting people. I advise you to do the same.

You just can't help yourself. Haha

Thank you for the advice. Might I suggest you humble yourself, own your failures, and refrain from making regrettable comments. It's just a suggestion though. :)

You obviously cannot comprehend the point I'm making here. Having a different opinion is not the issue being discussed with coach now. The issue is the attack he made against me and the odd defense he's used by denying he made certain comments.

Try to clear your mind next time and see that making personal attacks against folks who disagree is uncalled for. That is why I responded to coach.

Sorry to intrude on your victimization rant - just don't see the hurtful and hateful "personal attacks" which you continue to bring up.  btw, victimization is really in vogue right now, so I will just say, "you go, girl" and leave it at that.

Sorry to intrude on your victimization rant - just don't see the hurtful and hateful "personal attacks" which you continue to bring up. btw, victimization is really in vogue right now, so I will just say, "you go, girl" and leave it at that.

No intrusion at all. This is a public forum. Next time just work on comprehension. I would think seeing the words dishonest, lying, integrity etc... are pretty easy to see but that's obviously asking too much from you. No worries. ðŸ‘

Edited by Playerscoach

If you would take your head out of the sand and peer about, you would understand that many share the thoughts expressed by Coach Brooks.  I have the utmost respect for Coach Martin and his staff, but can't say the same of Coach Maddux after watching the way the basketball program has operated in recent years.  Unfortunately, that loss of respect colors my view of the entire institution, both school and church.  Sorry, but that's my opinion and there are many, many others who feel the same way.  You can whine at Coach Brooks and others on this board all you want, but the athletic department's actions speak far louder than do your words.

Won't be surprising to anyone I am in agreement, but I consider it on point due to the truth represented in it. I appreciate how you have always displayed objectivity whether in agreement or disagreement and certainly not a "hater."  IMO, coachT can't have enough posters like you.  I certainly don't see you as the one with a problem of comprehension or spelling for that matter.