CPA basketball interesting year ahead

Mothman26

I agree. Thats why an evalution by those that understand the game can be done with a decent sample size.

If a person uses a scorebord to determine whether or not a team is coached well, played good, or is "better" then they would be wrong.

Yes and many coaches have led their teams to the sectionals and even state tournament without having any D1 type players on the floor.  

Yes and many coaches have led their teams to the sectionals and even state tournament without having any D1 type players on the floor.

True but plenty of good coaches never make it to the state tourney.

This is the year, it seems, those with an agenda and those that do not like the influx of talented players can point to and say " I told you so!"

It will be fun to watch. ðŸ‘

True but plenty of good coaches never make it to the state tourney.

This is the year, it seems, those with an agenda and those that do not like the influx of talented players can point to and say " I told you so!"

It will be fun to watch.

"I told you so" can also be the objective approach to evaluating what happens at CPA.  All kinds of options... To this point never really won anything what people consider truly matters in terms of competition without having at least 2 and somtimes up to 5 D1 players on the floor.  A tremendous advantage so it will be interesting to see what happens if/when that advantage is no longer a factor.  And this appears to be the year when that advantage not in place. 

Don't confuse style with scheme.  In college you can recruit to both.  In HS unless you have the same personnel each year, it is better to fit the scheme to the personnel.  That year a scheme with 4 perimeter and one interior better suited the personnel as opposed to two post players especially since Zelnik was very limited on perimeter.  And it wouldn't in the least limit Z Mason from being on the perimeter within that scheme in order to change it up.  

+1

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like they are "fitting the scheme to the personnel". I thought that was the sign of a good coach???

Very objective seeing how you have not seen them play this year.  Actually, running the floor, shooting 3's wouldn't be anything really different in how they have played.

Edited by kbrks

No dog in the fight just enjoy the back and forth...I for one, am glad that CPA is mortal this year in basketball. 

I know this has been said in other words but it is not really about X's and O's it is really about the jimmys and joes. Yes, X's and O's do count but if you don't have players then the X's and O's don't matter so much.