District 12 A

STownEagleReporter

Credit Summertown for coming out and punching the Lady Vikings early on and not letting up. Lady Vikings just couldn't get anything going. They better get it together for the rest of the week since they go to Colinwood Friday then Riverside Saturday but then it gets really tough as they go to Loretto Tuesday and Wayne County that Friday.

With the sweep of Perry County, Summertown has put themselves in the drivers seat with 4 district games left. Although you cannot count anyone out. Loretto and Perry County both sitting at 4-2 and Frank Hughes right on their heels at 3-3, WC still within striking distance at 2-4, every game down the stretch can affect the district standings and seeding for the tournament. I don't think anyone wants to play Perry County on their home floor in a win or go home game. Tournament seeding can play a big role in determining who makes it they to the next round. Thoughts?

Edited by lockdowndfense9450

There's no question, Summertown is in the drivers seat. There's a big game for seeding purposes on Friday night and that's Loretto at Frank Hughes. Loretto has Perry Co and Summertown at home, but that's next week and Fridays game is so pivotible for both teams. It's going to be really interesting these next 2 weeks. I don't think any team can go to sleep or takea game for granted.

District 12A Standings

1.) Summertown Lady Eagles    (16-6, 5-1)

2.) Perry Co. Lady Vikings          (14-5, 4-2)

Loretto Lady Mustangs         (11-7, 4-2)

4. Clifton Lady Lions                  (14-5, 3-3)

5. Wayne Co. Lady 'Cats            (5-14, 2-4)

6. Collinwood Trojanettes           (4-11, 0-6)

Edited by PCVikingBcast

Big week coming up for the Loretto girls.  They had a big win against a very good team that is well coached in Frank Hughes.  These young players are growing up with each game they get under their belt.  Perry Co. and Summertown will be coming to the barn, and are big games that will take their best effort.  It should be an interesting week.  Summertown against Frank Hughes should be a good one too. 

Big week coming up for the Loretto girls.  They had a big win against a very good team that is well coached in Frank Hughes.  These young players are growing up with each game they get under their belt.  Perry Co. and Summertown will be coming to the barn, and are big games that will take their best effort.  It should be an interesting week.  Summertown against Frank Hughes should be a good one too.

I agree, with the top 4 teams in the standings playing each other this week, it could really shake up the top of the list. Position 1-4 can all look different come Saturday. This will be fun to watch!

It was a tough one for Loretto girls at the Barn.  Perry Co put a really good whooping on the Lady Mustangs.  Perry has improved since the last game they played the Mustangs and Loretto really showed their youth tonight.  We'll see if the young Mustangs can pick up the pieces and get ready for a very good Summertown squad on Friday.

Mt Pleasant could shock someone from 12

I think the only team from district 11A that could give the 12A a lose is Columbia Academy. With the BIG post and good guards they have, they could cause a problem.

I don't think Mt. Pleasant is good enough to beat any of the top 4 12A teams in the post season. Just not enough weapons at this point.

The 2nd place team in the 11A is Cornersville, who has lost to (currently 3rd in 12A) Loretto by 50 and 20.

But, come post season, records don't matter! Win or go home.