Single A 2015-2016

gwh

On Saturday Summertown got a HUGE 42-31 win over Houston Co and a disappointing 46-44 loss to AA Creekwood. Summertown will make noise with a team featuring 9 sophomores that played EXTENSIVELY last year and by the end of the season was one of the better defensive teams in the state. They will be led by Kenzie Kilburn who just signed with Trevecca.

Moore County looked horrible last night against Franklin Co. Didn't set screens well or come off them right when they were set. Gave up over 40 points by halftime. Defense wins championships and Moore doesn't play D. Unfortunate really because they can be great on the offensive end, but can't get a rebound on the othe end.

Haven't seen much talk at all about South Greene.

I watched them play Monday and they looked great. They were playing a much weaker team but it was a good opportunity to see the bench play as well. They should have another strong year. They are young, and it may show in tougher games, but I would expect them to go far. They lost their starting point from last year, but gained her youngest sister to take over the spot and she does not disappoint. I would not begin to base their season by the scores of these first few games as the entire bench is seeing plenty of playing time.