Single A 2015-2016

gwh

Great game by both teams 38-36 with 2 minutes to go and Peabody missed 2 open threes to go up 1 point and then a terrible no call by the ref under the basket cost Peabody another chance. Great game by 2 good teams clearly the best 2 teams in district 14-A. Would like to see them meet again in Region finals. Region is gonna be tough though. This Peabody team is gonna be good for several years only 1 senior. Learning pains right now. #12 , #00 and #4 are studs for this team and good supporting cast.

This was one of the best games and atmoshperes that I have been to in a while.  GC is a great place to watch a high stakes game. WOW!!  I will be back if these 2 play again in the Region championship! 

I will say this about the game. I thought the officials let the kids play and did a good job although it did seem like GC got most of the 50/50 calls (charges and out of bounds). The MVP of the game for GC would go to Smithson for the job she did on Mayberry on defense. Mayberry still had 12 or so I am sure but that kid is a beast. Mayberry going out with the cramp for 5 or 6 minutes probably the difference in the game as GC had a 2 point lead and it went to 10 before she returned. Peabody is playing well and will be a handful in the region and will likely be the favorite the next two years in the District. Very good job by Hart getting these girls back.

Who are the teams that GC and Peabody will face in the region tourney?[/quotePossible semi match ups look like Huntingdon/Bradford vs GC and Dresden vs Peabody. Peabody, Dresden and GC look to be the best in the region. Barring a major upset I would say the winner of this region would have to play Decatur County or a Memphis team at home and the loser would have to travel to Middleton, IMO. Who are the teams your way? Pickett County, South Green, Meiggs we have heard and seen last couple of years as well as Jackson County and Clarkrange. We assumed JC and Clarkrange are kind of in a rebuild year. What is your take?

• 3 weeks later...