Oakland @ Maryville

GoPats2019

This is a real question for the Rutherford County folks, not for all the wanna be stalkers. Has there been any discussion about any of your teams scheduling Ravenwood? I would think they would offer a great challenge and a heck of a lot closer than ALa or Ga.

...I'm a stalker...err. Been keeping a watch on this side of the coacht... Edited by SEVEN

how is oakland one of the 2 best in the state? They barely got by Smyrna and Oakland beat Blackman by 14 and Maryville beat Blackman by 35. Oakland will be beat by at least 20 by Maryville.Also, the top 3 in the state rn are BA Maryville and Indy

Well seeing how you mentioned a private school and a 5A team in this discussion it will be difficult for anyone to explain.

how is oakland one of the 2 best in the state? They barely got by Smyrna and Oakland beat Blackman by 14 and Maryville beat Blackman by 35. Oakland will be beat by at least 20 by Maryville.Also, the top 3 in the state rn are BA Maryville and Indy

lets just look at it this way... there a 6 classes in Tn hsf. Each one will have a State Champion in 2 weeks. Those teams will be the best in the State in their Class. Everything else is just IFL. Edited by GREYRIDERx

lets just look at it this way... there a 6 classes in Tn hsf. Each one will have a State Champion in 2 weeks. Those teams will be the best in the State in their Class. Everything else is just IFL.

I fully agree with that. But you have to admit there are teams that are just on a whole other level than the others in the state ie the ones I mentioned earlier. Also just for clarification what does IFL mean??

I fully agree with that. But you have to admit there are teams that are just on a whole other level than the others in the state ie the ones I mentioned earlier. Also just for clarification what does IFL mean??

Imaginary Football League - Maryville is 0-217 in this league. That is why we get a little chippy when some of these "what-if" match ups are suggested. We lose them all.

By your reasoning Maryville beat Warren county 35 to 7 by 28 Oakland beat warren county 48 to 7 by 41, Maryville beat William Blount Oct 16th 42 to 0 by 42 Oakland beat William Blount Nov 6th 49 to 7 by 42 points. And as I was told on here you can not use common opponents and scores to rank teams. Example as I posted in a post earlier Riverdale beat Smyrna 49 to 3 at Smyrna two weeks before the playoffs started in 2006 and Smyrna beat Riverdale at Riverdale in the playoffs on it's way to Smyrna's first of two State Championships back to back. Yes Maryville is a GREAT TEAM and every team in the state dreams of having a program like Maryville's. Great team, Great coaches and Great FANS and until somebody is able to compete with Maryville year in and year out, Maryville will always be the big dogs and every team is looking to beat. So far it has been proven that nobody can compete with them year in and year out. My hat goes off to Maryville it is not easy to be as dominate year after year as they have. Any team with that record would be proud, and should be. We just have to believe we will beat them someday! If we don't believe we will never win.