Peabody vs NCS

PeabodyPride

Jackson Sun.......

Class 1A Semifinal

Peabody (11-2) at Nashville Christian (12-1)

How Peabody got here: Won at KIPP Academy 48-18; Won at Union City 28-24; Won at Dresden 35-14

How Nashville Christian got here: Beat Clarksville Aca. 64-8; Beat Huntingdon 34-7; Beat Wayne Co. 34-21

Common opponents: None

Peabody average score: 36.8-16.5

Nashville Christian average score: 43.1-10.6

Players to watch for Peabody

Average rushes per game: 33

Average rushing yards per game: 249.4

Total completions-attempts-INT-TD: 109-202-8-21

Average passing yards per game: 115.8

Average total yards per game: 365.2

Leading rushers: Brandon Johnson – 160 rushes for 1,330 yards and 25 touchdowns; Kendrick Malone – 133 rushes for 1,106 yards and 13 touchdowns

Leading passer: Kendrick Malone – Completed 61 of 117 passes with 3 interceptions and 14 touchdowns

Leading receivers: Keyvon Goodwin – 33 catches for 584 yards and 7 touchdowns

Leading tacklers: Reco Buchanan – 62 solo, 20 assists for 82 total including 7 tackles for loss (he won’t play due to injury); Hunter Hudson – 53 solo tackles and 32 assists for 85 total including seven tackles for loss

Defensive takeaway leaders: Hayden Baugus has 5 with 3 fumble recoveries and 2 interceptions. Hunter Hudson (3 fumble recoveries and an interception) and Brian Banks (2 fumble recoveries and 2 interceptions) have 4 apiece.

Kicker: Austin Smith has converted 57 of 64 PATs and is 2-for-2 on field goals.

Players to watch for Nashville Christian

Average rushes per game: 30.3

Average rushing yards per game: 267.1

Total completions-attempts-INT-TD: 67-121-8-15

Average passing yards per game: 90.6

Average total yards per game: 357.7

Number of punts-average yardage: 19-37.1

Leading rushers: Blake Barfield – 115 carries for 812 yards and 11 touchdowns; Mareio McGraw – 65 carries for 807 yards and 11 touchdowns

Leading passer: Kyle Tidwell – Completed 63 of 114 passes with 7 interceptions and 15 touchdowns and 1,096 yards

Leading receivers: Jaylon Jackson – 17 receptions for 342 yards and 2 touchdowns; Mareio McGraw – 15 receptions for 308 yards and 6 touchdowns

Uc turned it over 3 time Peabody 1

You are correct we lost 3 of our 6 fumbles. However the other 3 fumbles we recovered were for significant losses and forced us to punt which is essentially a turnover. Not taking anything away from Peabody. You guys won fair and square. The truth is we didn't have our best game and you made us pay for it. You are the legitimate winner. I can only wish for what could have been.

NCS had better play as mistake free as possible or Peabody will make you miss this great opportunity in front of you. Good luck to both teams.

Y'all give me some people to watch out for tonight. I know Bituli obviously and Malone. Who else are some key playmakers on both teams? I seem to remember some big linemen in the state game last year when Peabody beat Jasper

NCS O - #12, #22, #54

NCS D - #28, #55 (will be playing college hockey - I'm serious), #56 (will be playing in the SEC in a couple of years)

You are correct we lost 3 of our 6 fumbles. However the other 3 fumbles we recovered were for significant losses and forced us to punt which is essentially a turnover. Not taking anything away from Peabody. You guys won fair and square. The truth is we didn't have our best game and you made us pay for it. You are the legitimate winner. I can only wish for what could have been.

NCS had better play as mistake free as possible or Peabody will make you miss this great opportunity in front of you. Good luck to both teams.

Actually 5 turnovers. 3 lost fumbles (6 total fumbles) and 2 turnovers on downs.

Y'all give me some people to watch out for tonight. I know Bituli obviously and Malone. Who else are some key playmakers on both teams? I seem to remember some big linemen in the state game last year when Peabody beat Jasper

Peabody Brandon Johnson #45 RB/LB. Zay Norman #55 OL/DL. Keyvon Goodwin #5 WR/CB. Hunter Hudson #12 LB. Just to name a few.

Game is a 7 central start correct? Best of luck to both teams. I honestly think I am going to be watching the state championship tonight. If you have a taller athletic db you can beat Columbia Academy if they win tonight and I they they have a good chance to beat Greenback

Edited by powerp