Peabody vs NCS

PeabodyPride

Public school recruiting in layman's terms: 

Coach:  Hello young man.  We have a great school and a great coaching staff.  Don't you want to play for the best to further your athletic career?  All you have to do is move within our zone and you can come to school here free.  

Players Parents:  Won't that be expensive?

Coach:  No, just sell your house and buy one in our zone.  You might even make money on the deal.  And if you don't own a house, quit renting the place you live now and start renting a new one in our zone.  You have to live somewhere, you might as well live in our zone.  Just move, then you can play for us.  

Players Parents:  But won't little Johnny have to sit out a year?  After all, we would just be moving across the street.  

Coach:  No, you only have to sit out a year if you go from public to private and don't move at least 20 miles. You can go public to public and not miss a day as long as you change zones. 

Players Parents:  Wow, this is easy, and cheap!   We can move across the street, be eligible to play immediately, and not have to pay to attend the school!  How do private schools ever compete with that?  Most cost at least $10,000 per year and you have to sit out if you transfer.

Coach:   :huh:

I'm not saying Peabody recruits, but if a public school wants to recruit, it's much easier than for a private.

look at trentons housi g market as well as our towns population is down like 30 percent from 10 years ago!

Well this is my final post probably befor game time! I think this will be a 2 point Peabody victory with a forced NCS turnover in first half,The Tide will take the lead early and first half NCS wont adjust! Second half Brothers agjusts and it comes down to the wire with the Tide Rolling to Cookeville to play Greenback!! ROLL TIDE

Well this is my final post probably befor game time! I think this will be a 2 point Peabody victory with a forced NCS turnover in first half,The Tide will take the lead early and first half NCS wont adjust! Second half Brothers agjusts and it comes down to the wire with the Tide Rolling to Cookeville to play Greenback!! ROLL TIDE

Good luck and safe travels to all the Peabody folks! Going to try and be there unless it's raining, going to be a great game! Two respectable programs and I still don't know enough about Peabody to predict a score, it would only be a guess, just hope for a good hard fought game decided by the kids on the field with the best team winning!
  • Upvote 1

Thanks!

Best of luck to the Golden Tide tomorrow! Praying for safe travels and an injury free game for both squads!

Forgive me for not saying "RT." That's worse than cussing in my house... Even if y'alls colors ain't Crimson. 😄

Haha!  As a Vols fan I still have trouble.  But since it's in the spirit of Peabody, I know Bama doesn't have anything to do with it.   So in that sense, I can say Roll Tide! lol

Good luck and safe travels to all the Peabody folks! Going to try and be there unless it's raining, going to be a great game! Two respectable programs and I still don't know enough about Peabody to predict a score, it would only be a guess, just hope for a good hard fought game decided by the kids on the field with the best team winning!

Looks like the rain will hold off until after the game, so you ought to be good!  In this case I'm glad the game is in Nashville, because West TN looks like it will be pretty wet.