WHITEHAVEN VS RAVENWOOD

lasal2000

It's a GOT D@M Message board.

Anyone that hates me or The Whitehaven Program due to ME is an eFFe'n Idiot. I'm going to stay like this on this MESSAGE BOARD! If you ever want to meet me here's what you do, go deep in the Playoffs, Look out for a #12 letter man jacket or whatever I'm wearing on a 5'8" 180+ lbs frame. As of now, Ravenwood had #23 and #54 that kept them in the game but in reality we could have and should have won but as I stated way early on this thread we needed to score Minimum 21 POINTS to win... Our Offense, once again (White Station quarterfinals 2009, Smyrna semifinals 2010, Maryville Title game 2011, Ravenwood 2014 & 2015 semifinals) didn't get it done. I'm blaming coaching.

If we would have went into halftime 13-3 or better yet 21-3 (goal line stop, we could have thrown a FADE to Kerrick Once or nah smh) we cruise to the Finals BUT as I SAW COMING offensively we didn't get it done on the level necessary to win.

MJ, we got the job done against yall EVERY TIME... Thanks for making us look good    :thumb:

BHS do not let them get you out of your character. Although I love Mitchell but I admit WH is the best public in Memphis and I respect CRS. You all are winners so do not let others make you say unclassy tings. P.S. I do “Respect Da Haven

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was almost funny... Try again 

Well, I wasn't trying to entertain you.

I don't think I have ever seen a person that needed a high school football program as much as you need Whitehaven. I was hoping that you were just an act. But sadly, I don't think it is.

I wish Whitehaven many wins. I think you need them badly.

This thread is greatness. But at the end of the day, Ravenwood is the clear #1 in 6A this year. EVERY other team was racing to catch up to them.

I was not convinced until they won it on the field.

Even though Centennial was a great team this year, that loss gave me doubts Ravenwood could beat Maryville this year.

I am glad they proved me wrong. Everyone else had their chance but Ravenwood got it done. Congrats!

Edited by Hubbard

It's a GOT D@M Message board.

Anyone that hates me or The Whitehaven Program due to ME is an eFFe'n Idiot. I'm going to stay like this on this MESSAGE BOARD! If you ever want to meet me here's what you do, go deep in the Playoffs, Look out for a #12 letter man jacket or whatever I'm wearing on a 5'8" 180+ lbs frame. As of now, Ravenwood had #23 and #54 that kept them in the game but in reality we could have and should have won but as I stated way early on this thread we needed to score Minimum 21 POINTS to win... Our Offense, once again (White Station quarterfinals 2009, Smyrna semifinals 2010, Maryville Title game 2011, Ravenwood 2014 & 2015 semifinals) didn't get it done. I'm blaming coaching.

If we would have went into halftime 13-3 or better yet 21-3 (goal line stop, we could have thrown a FADE to Kerrick Once or nah smh) we cruise to the Finals BUT as I SAW COMING offensively we didn't get it done on the level necessary to win.

MJ, we got the job done against yall EVERY TIME... Thanks for making us look good    :thumb:

As I do NOT use God's name, I'll paraphrase...If it's just a MESSAGE BOARD, why are you so upset? A 'couple of years back you went off on some Maryville posters for dogging Saulsbury's coaching ability...now all their shortcomings are from coaching according to you. Appears to me that you will not back off your thinking that Whitehaven is the greatest program ever, every year...so when they lose, something contributed other than the "other team" being better. Talented athletes do not guarantee a great program...discipline, training, confidence, and trust are needed to excel as a team. Memphis coaches have to mentor their kids maybe more than anywhere in the state, and kudo's to the good ones...but until more of the attributes I listed earlier are instilled, the superior athletic teams that they put on the field will struggle with teams that really shouldn't be able to challenge them. Whitehaven probably had more athletes on the field than Ravenwood...but Ravenwood was the better Team. You apparently are calling out the play selection, when the problem really begins with the first practice.

Edited by tradertwo

Well, I wasn't trying to entertain you.

I don't think I have ever seen a person that needed a high school football program as much as you need Whitehaven. I was hoping that you were just an act. But sadly, I don't think it is.

I wish Whitehaven many wins. I think you need them badly.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=peaked+in+high+school

As I do NOT use God's name, I'll paraphrase...If it's just a MESSAGE BOARD, why are you so upset? A 'couple of years back you went off on some Maryville posters for dogging Saulsbury's coaching ability...now all their shortcomings are from coaching according to you. Appears to me that you will not back off your thinking that Whitehaven is the greatest program ever, every year...so when they lose, something contributed other than the "other team" being better. Talented athletes do not guarantee a great program...discipline, training, confidence, and trust are needed to excel as a team. Memphis coaches have to mentor their kids maybe more than anywhere in the state, and kudo's to the good ones...but until more of the attributes I listed earlier are instilled, the superior athletic teams that they put on the field will struggle with teams that really shouldn't be able to challenge them. Whitehaven probably had more athletes on the field than Ravenwood...but Ravenwood was the better Team. You apparently are calling out the play selection, when the problem really begins with the first practice.

Man, let BHS have his opinions, that's the whole purpose of the board. It seems like everything he says on here ruffles someone's feathers. You don't have to agree with what he says but y'all can't stop him from having his opinions. He's just a die hard fan who isn't pc. No different from some of the many other die hard fans on here who still love and support the school they played at....and Whitehaven has all those attributes that you listed, that's why we're consistently a top team in 6A, it's not because of the imaginary talent pool y'all think we have. Ravenwood was just the better team that night, point blank. But it's always the same thing; the bs that urban teams have this superior athletic gift from god that just automatically makes them more "talented" than non urban teams. That they're not as disciplined, don't work as hard, not as committed or smart as the other teams but they just have more talent. That in a nutshell is the whole general idea from non urban teams. We know it's not true, so when we hear stuff like that constantly one of us Whitehaven alums is gonna call it out, and most likely it's gonna be BHS. We can't speak for all urban programs but we know what we have at Whitehaven. I played at Whitehaven with him and I don't even agree with everything he says on here but still let the Blackhaven senator have his opinions. Y'all know it's some of the best entertainment on these boards. Wasn't trying to rant but y'all killin with with the superior talent crap.

Man, let BHS have his opinions, that's the whole purpose of the board. It seems like everything he says on here ruffles someone's feathers. You don't have to agree with what he says but y'all can't stop him from having his opinions. He's just a die hard fan who isn't pc. No different from some of the many other die hard fans on here who still love and support the school they played at....and Whitehaven has all those attributes that you listed, that's why we're consistently a top team in 6A, it's not because of the imaginary talent pool y'all think we have. Ravenwood was just the better team that night, point blank. But it's always the same thing; the bs that urban teams have this superior athletic gift from god that just automatically makes them more "talented" than non urban teams. That they're not as disciplined, don't work as hard, not as committed or smart as the other teams but they just have more talent. That in a nutshell is the whole general idea from non urban teams. We know it's not true, so when we hear stuff like that constantly one of us Whitehaven alums is gonna call it out, and most likely it's gonna be BHS. We can't speak for all urban programs but we know what we have at Whitehaven. I played at Whitehaven with him and I don't even agree with everything he says on here but still let the Blackhaven senator have his opinions. Y'all know it's some of the best entertainment on these boards. Wasn't trying to rant but y'all killin with with the superior talent crap.

I've seen it with my own eyes...DI talent all over the field the year that Whitehaven finally won it all, and even that win was bogus (ball at the 2 1/2 yard line, lineman not in the end zone, but flagged for "being downfield"). Quarles took less and got more from it, just as Ross did against White in the 2A game this season. As for BHS's opinion...he's welcome to it, but to be taken seriously it doesn't need to change more frequently than the temperature. Some people have said that Ross couldn't win at Trez if the coaches were swapped...maybe that's true, but he'd beat the Marion kids with Teli White at the helm. My apologies to anyone who may be offended by the truth as I see it, but there it is.

I've seen it with my own eyes...DI talent all over the field the year that Whitehaven finally won it all, and even that win was bogus (ball at the 2 1/2 yard line, lineman not in the end zone, but flagged for "being downfield"). Quarles took less and got more from it, just as Ross did against White in the 2A game this season. As for BHS's opinion...he's welcome to it, but to be taken seriously it doesn't need to change more frequently than the temperature. Some people have said that Ross couldn't win at Trez if the coaches were swapped...maybe that's true, but he'd beat the Marion kids with Teli White at the helm. My apologies to anyone who may be offended by the truth as I see it, but there it is.

No apologies needed, it's your opinion of the truth as you see it. We just see it differently. The call may have been wrong but the win is in no way bogus. Maryville didn't just lay down and quit after the call and Maryville routinely dominates more athletic teams with D1talent all over the field. They just lost to a team with not as much D1 talent. Whitehaven has ALWAYS had plenty D1 talent. It's the program we have in place now that makes us consistent contenders, not the talent. No ones offended. To me Marion was a dang good team, Trez was just better. IMO White would beat a lot of teams if he were at Marion just not Trez, unles Trez didn't have a coach who could instill the value of team play in them, if that happens all the talent in the world can't help any team.