WHITEHAVEN VS RAVENWOOD

lasal2000

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East not having coaches in a press box has nothing to do with Whitehaven's program. The Reaching on this thread is laughable. Out of respect of the staff I may not say what I intended to say last week. I'm still debating. And we know why those middle tennessee schools are placed ahead of us. There isn't enough West Tennessee and Memphis representation in the media.

BHS:

I want to commend you on your restraint. I want to thank you for not airing your difference of opinion about how some decisions are made on a message board ... on THIS particular message board. I know your frustrations, but, in my opinion, there is nothing worse the canabilizing your own in public for all the world to see. We have to be careful that we don't do that. I've seen other programs do it and in my opinion, it's more counter productive then anything else. I think right now, where our program has elevated itself, we are sitting pretty. Looking at the guys coming back, the incoming freshman, and the program that is in place ... man we are looking really, really, really good.

The last two years it's been RW and Whitehaven in the semi-finals on the West side of the state. Quite frankly, I'm confident that Whitehaven will be in position to be back next year, and next year, and years to come. We will get back to the championship game, and on more then one occassion before it is all said and done. That's all you can ask for from your program. Whitehaven is a major player in 6A football in Tennessee. Let's just leave it at that and look forward to 2016.

I know exactly where you are coming from and I also know that there is always room for growth. We can always get better. Who cares what others think of how you evaluate a loss.

You just keep on bein' our lil Fred Smoot!

Edited by kwc

Governors91 Ravenwood will return starting WR, whole O-line minus center, QB who played well when starter was injured and split time after injury for a little, RB who also played while starter was hurt and then earned a big role in offense playing very well, and then on D RW returns one player, #6 OLB. Of course losing Mr Football Hurts. Looks like a rebuilding year but never underestimate Hester whose 38-4 in 3 seasons never losing district/region (haven't lost region game since he got there) and back to back state appearances which could've been 2 rings but only 1. For sure up there with best coaches around.

Hester spent 9 years at Lavergne in 2 different stints, the last 3 as head coach from 2007-2009 where he went 9-21 and got fired at the end of 2009. I believe he was at Siegel for a couple of years also before that. Was an assistant at Brentwood until he took over at Ravenwood 3 years ago. Very sharp offensive mind who found a school that supported him and the program unlike Lavergne. Add good players to that and you have a winning combination. I attended a scrimmage last year with RHS and Beech and was impressed with how he ran things. Not many people there so you could hear most everything that was said.