Round 4. Marshall Co.@ Knoxville Catholic

Marshall1969

The padded green seats are reserved for boosters and season ticket holders. So their seats are guaranteed. Everything else is open season lol

What is attendance like at Catholic games?  I anticipate they will have a really good showing of fans, but I have noticed that some private schools don't necessarily fill up the stands.  I wouldn't anticipate there being many issues with this being a semi-final game.

Edited by mcfan10

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is attendance like at Catholic games? I anticipate they will have a really good showing of fans, but I have noticed that some private schools don't necessarily fill up the stands. I wouldn't anticipate there being many issues with this being a semi-final game.

Like most schools the bigger the name the larger the crowd. Our rival games are always packed. With it being Thanksgiving break a lot of people may be out of town. But anticipating a crowd Edited by QSouth89

well im shocked that im the first Greeneville fan on this thread. Marshall county better do your homework this week. Catholic is loaded and we just found out why they were the favorites to win 4a in the preseason by everyone NOT a Fulton supporter. they held the best running back in the state to about 150 yards and pretty much contained everything we tried to do. I dont know that Catholic will be as jacked up for this game as they were for the quarter final game, simply because there was alot of "back and forth" all week between our fans and thiers. Of course I WASNT PART OF THAT AT ALL...hehehe....seriously though, If catholic loses this game I will be shocked. They are peaking at the right time and they have size and weapons all over the field. a few go both ways, so my guess is the only way to slow them down is to keep their offense off the field....good luck with that. Best of luck Irish, no hard feelings, yall whipped us in the fourth quarter, which is what we normally do.

well im shocked that im the first Greeneville fan on this thread. Marshall county better do your homework this week. Catholic is loaded and we just found out why they were the favorites to win 4a in the preseason by everyone NOT a Fulton supporter. they held the best running back in the state to about 150 yards and pretty much contained everything we tried to do. I dont know that Catholic will be as jacked up for this game as they were for the quarter final game, simply because there was alot of "back and forth" all week between our fans and thiers. Of course I WASNT PART OF THAT AT ALL...hehehe....seriously though, If catholic loses this game I will be shocked. They are peaking at the right time and they have size and weapons all over the field. a few go both ways, so my guess is the only way to slow them down is to keep their offense off the field....good luck with that. Best of luck Irish, no hard feelings, yall whipped us in the fourth quarter, which is what we normally do.

Congrats on a great season Devil! Always enjoy watching your clips. The Goons will save a few seats at the house Friday night if you want to gather the group for a road trip. Just let us know.

Our defense is not too shabby either. We have just as many play makers. I feel pretty good about the fact that no one is giving us a chance.

Our defense is not too shabby either. We have just as many play makers. I feel pretty good about the fact that no one is giving us a chance.

"no one's giving us a chance ".....LMAO..now THAT's rich my friend. I think i heard a catholic fan say the same thing after the win over my devils....that no one had given catholic a chance against Greeneville. Im not sure what you guys are reading, or who you guys are listening to, but all i saw in the papers last week was catholic would either win against greeneville all the way up to one guy in prep xtra that said Irish by 2 TD's ( he turned out to be the only one with a crystal ball)...If you guys need to tell yourself "no one's giving you a chance" for motivation, more power to ya, whatever works is what i say...i personally think you guys will win by 3 scores ( of the TD variety ) 42-21

The "back and forth" you had was mostly with Central and Fulton fans, Irishbball and myself didn't make many comments about winning by such and such margins. I mentioned bringing our A game to play you guys (and of course Pal's lol). I support Catholic but it doesn't make sense for me to get on here and talk about beating a team I know nothing of. I knew very little of Greeneville and even less of Marshall County. We played a very very competitive schedule this year and I think it helped the Irish prepare for the playoffs. Edited by QSouth89