1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

Well I'm fixing to sign off have to get Shuteye,12:30 comes quick.I hope we do get some football talk going while I'm away.Good reading in the morn while loading my truck!Those who have watched our films what are your opinions on our Offense??I heard our D is slow and stands around so what about the O??

Regarding the offense, they're slow and stand around. Haha just kidding

Guest Fall101

I think the officials need to get together on this rule and stick to it one way or another. I've seen at least 4 ball carriers hurdle a defender this year and not one penalty was called for it. Which I agree with but they're so inconsistent with it

IMO it shouldn't be a penalty. I don't believe you should punish a kid for making an athletic play.

You people need some humility. NCS will win their first football championship on Friday. I know it even if others don't know it yet. They have a great team. This is a good year for them to win it. Some of the teams from the east in recent years would give them a bad night, but all that matters is this season. I've said it many times, but most of us know that the top 5-6 teams were all in the west this season. Enjoy your moment. It's not everyday that you have SEC talent on a 1A team. At the same time lets be a little more gracious and grounded about it.

No.

Here's a crazy fact...over the last ten years(2006-15), there has been a school with the colors of orange and black involved in this Championship game a total of seven times. Guess there's just something about that...Orange 'n' Black...

All of those years were South Pittsburg, not Greenback.

I haven't had a chance to congratulate NCS on their season and their accomplishment making the last game of the season.I have watched very little of your team but enough to know we have our hands more than full.I hope our boys play to their potential and if they do I think we will gain most of the doubters respect.They are a focused hard hitting bunch.After talking to the coaches and talking to each one of the boys they are so excited to get the chance to play NCS.I believe there were more tears shed by the home team Fri than the visitors.That should tell what this great game means to a community as ours.There is nothing like this week we are all going to experience win or lose!Practice hard boys,we are a proud bunch!!!

+1 We are all glad to be here and on Friday everybody laces em up for a hard fought game.

I agree with you on the part that those who are willing to work give themselves a better chance to get on the field early. Wayne Co has a young group of boys that started working out towards the end of middle school and havnt let up. They work out at least five days a week with nobody pushing them, they push each other and have seen big results. They didn't come up with it by theirselves though but by watching the older boys here do it. WC has a big of a work ethic as any team out there and it pays off. Your team is only going to be as good as they're willing to work and you can't make them, they gotta want it, all we can do as parents is support them.

+1 And that's what it takes to compete. Will, speed, weights endurance. People look at advantages. There are always going to be advantages. Are you willing to work for what you want?

Just checking in this morning to make sure none of these NCS dads, Orngnblk and crow had been playing any cornhole over night. I have been watching some more clips from NCS and Greenback. This NCS team is really talented. I look for this one to go one of two ways. Either Greenback keeps it close and stays in it until the fourth or NCS blows it open from the start and wins big.