1A State Championship-Greenback and NCS!

orngnblk

CG69 doesn't make it easy.....lol

But reality is most kids on a private school football team are not there because of football. We skip going out to dinner/movies, drive older cars and other sacrifices to get our kids a quality education. sports are a secondary concern to 99% of the parents there

Well said. Are you from Boyd Buchanan?

I'm walking the talk, brother

I don't doubt that you are. Just insinuating that someone doesn't put their kids first is a little bold. I would love to send my kid to a private school for a better education but I have 4 kids and one income. I pay all the bills. Cheaper to keep the wife at home and skip out on the daycare. That alone would make a very nice mortgage payment each month. No room for me to sacrifice anything in my budget.

To the best of my knowledge that is the case. Someone said it earlier, NCS is about half the cost of some of the other private schools in the area. BA ~ 22K, Ensworth ~25K, MBA ~ 25K, Good option compared to some of the metro city schools. Just as information, NCS is in Bellevue which is a small town outside of Nashville.

Extremely strict on grades - no exceptions. Not restricted by public school choices to restrict prayer. It is encouraged. Does not pigeon hole athletes into only one sport, but encourages participation in all.

I grew up in Smithville and can appreciate the small school atmosphere and wanted my son to have this same experience.

BTW Carguy: Thought that your handle on here came from the coveralls you wear to every game.

I will say there are definitely kids on work study. Maui615's son is one of our best athletes. I'm certain they also do not qualify for assistance. It's not given to or offered to those who don't qualify. I guess most people think everyone here pays the tuition out of their vacation fund or piggy bank. That is the biggest falsehood out there. There is as much sacrifice and probably more going on the part of those paying a reduced amount. 6k is tougher for those who struggle than 12k for those who have it available.

I don't doubt that you are. Just insinuating that someone doesn't put their kids first is a little bold. I would love to send my kid to a private school for a better education but I have 4 kids and one income. I pay all the bills. Cheaper to keep the wife at home and skip out on the daycare. That alone would make a very nice mortgage payment each month. No room for me to sacrifice anything in my budget.

Take it before the Lord and walk by faith. If prayers lead you to a private school for your kids then go. There are times I've looked back on it and wondered how we made it. My wife is ill and hasn't worked in years but the money has always been there.

G-d is good, all the time. And all the time G-d is good.

Here's my thought on it. I don't care to play the privates but yes I do think they have an advantage but I say get behind your kids and push them and it will catch on to other kids and you can compete with the privates. At the same time I do not in any way look down on or blame anybody in Nashville for not wanting their kids going to inner city schools, I wouldn't want mine there either. I guess my biggest and only gripe is the kids coming from far away county schools to attend that drive past other private and public schools. Just line up and play, win or lose leave it on the field. Nobody on here complains about playing Clarksville Acad or a Zion Christian who has the same opportunity to get kids as NCS. WC went to NCS with the attitude that they were going to win, not compete but win. NCS has had a huge advantage the last two years because their opponents were scared and beat before they got off the bus!