Rhea County Off Season

EaglePride1

I don't care if we move up, down, or sideways. Rhea County is going to be competitive and win a bunch more than we lose. We always have. We went to the dance when there were only 3 classifications total and we went in 2A and 3A. That was before I was born but it don't make any difference. Folks said we were winning because we were in an easier district and that we'd have trouble last year. Well, it don't look that way to me. It don't matter who we play. We are Rhea County and we are going to win and we'll have lots of folks to watch it happen. I didn't get the chance to play Maryville but I hope my younger bro does next year. We saw our Middle School beat theirs last year and I think we can beat them next year with the good group of Jrs we got.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care if we move up, down, or sideways. Rhea County is going to be competitive and win a bunch more than we lose. We always have. We went to the dance when there were only 3 classifications total and we went in 2A and 3A. That was before I was born but it don't make any difference. Folks said we were winning because we were in an easier district and that we'd have trouble last year. Well, it don't look that way to me. It don't matter who we play. We are Rhea County and we are going to win and we'll have lots of folks to watch it happen. I didn't get the chance to play Maryville but I hope my younger bro does next year. We saw our Middle School beat theirs last year and I think we can beat them next year with the good group of Jrs we got.

I wouldn't gage by the Middle School results. I have seen many Maryville Middle teams lose several games only to help Maryville win titles in high school. I do agree that Rhea will keep winning as long as Coach Pemberton is there.

The difference between Maryville Junior High and the High School is that the coach down there picks his best 15 or 16 players and plays them til they drop while he has 40 other kids on the bench that don't get in unless it's a massacre, kind of like Pemberton does. The high school keeps fresh players coming in every play like Alabama. 

I thought we looked pretty good in the scrimmage. We handled Fulton pretty well and was pretty even with Cookeville. I don't know what most would call the score but just counting the score with the 1s playing, we tied Cookeville and beat Fulton by an extra point. Lots of kids saw playing time and should have gained some good experience. If we keep improving and a couple of holes get fixed, we will playing deep into the fall. We have one of the best coaching staffs in the state and I have no doubt we will be ready to go come playoff time.

I thought we looked pretty good in the scrimmage. We handled Fulton pretty well and was pretty even with Cookeville. I don't know what most would call the score but just counting the score with the 1s playing, we tied Cookeville and beat Fulton by an extra point. Lots of kids saw playing time and should have gained some good experience. If we keep improving and a couple of holes get fixed, we will playing deep into the fall. We have one of the best coaching staffs in the state and I have no doubt we will be ready to go come playoff time.

AGREED 100%! GO GOLDEN EAGLES!

So beating Fulton, in a scrimmage, by an extra point is what you folks in Rhea call "handling" pretty well????

Child please.....

LOL ... Fulton had more offensive yards 1's on 1's .. Fulton drove inside Rhea Co territory before being stopped on 4th down.. then went back to the 25 and had a 75 yard TD pass .. so probably had over 100 yards in offense against Rhea and 70 against Cookeville .. Rhea had 70 yards offense on Fulton .. Cookeville and Rhea were about even .. and Fulton 2's were dominant against Rhea and Cookeville.. so Rhea handled Fulton huh .. LOL .. don't know what u were watching

I wasn't there but based on all I have read here and elsewhere, one could not really draw any conclusions from this 3 team event other than see how some players may perform in certain situations - not game like at all with constant change between first string and second sting and team A, B, and C.

In a real game, two teams line up for 4 quarters, coaches make adjustments, players adjust as they begin to understand their opponent, teams wear other teams down, etc. 

Eddie did not play at all not sure if he is hurt or what. Good scrimmage a lot of kids got playing time some younger guys looked good and showed promise.

From what I saw in the first half, I think we're going to be better than I thought at QB too. I really liked the RB Johnson on Franklin's team, but I would prefer our three headed monster.

Edited by ADS1