Boyd Buc 2016

reaction

Are you guys happy with getting 4 players on the team? As for Boyd, the two players that killed us in our game, QB and RB didn't make the team. Congratulations to all the players that made it.

Really didn't understand the criteria. QB was offensive player of the year (with Spralls at Tyner) in the toughest 2A region in the state but received neither Best of Preps or All State consideration. RB was Running Back of the Year in the region. Both played LB on the best defense in the history of the school (lowest points allowed) and QB also punted. The best reward is the comments of those who actually watched or played in the games. Comments from Coach Turner, Coach Ross, Coach Grider, their players, staffs, etc. as they went through the line after the games hold much more credibility and value.      

Really didn't understand the criteria. QB was offensive player of the year (with Spralls at Tyner) in the toughest 2A region in the state but received neither Best of Preps or All State consideration. RB was Running Back of the Year in the region. Both played LB on the best defense in the history of the school (lowest points allowed) and QB also punted. The best reward is the comments of those who actually watched or played in the games. Comments from Coach Turner, Coach Ross, Coach Grider, their players, staffs, etc. as they went through the line after the games hold much more credibility and value.

I agree good post.

Great honor for all in region 3! What is the criteria? Who votes? Is it the same method for the all region teams?

I believe it is voted the same as Mr. Football. Tennessee Sports Writers Association names the team. A couple of years ago they had another team that was voted on by coaches only I believe, but I don't think it was very accurate.

Really didn't understand the criteria. QB was offensive player of the year (with Spralls at Tyner) in the toughest 2A region in the state but received neither Best of Preps or All State consideration. RB was Running Back of the Year in the region. Both played LB on the best defense in the history of the school (lowest points allowed) and QB also punted. The best reward is the comments of those who actually watched or played in the games. Comments from Coach Turner, Coach Ross, Coach Grider, their players, staffs, etc. as they went through the line after the games hold much more credibility and value.

The all region awards are always voted on by the opposing coaches in each region. These other awards are decided by the media. Sorry to see your boy not make it, but look at my post in the Greenback thread about all state and it will put selections into more perspective. 30 players make all state. You had 3 on your team, Marion had 4 and Tyner had 1. 8/30 selections came from your region alone. That's about 30% of the team.

Really didn't understand the criteria. QB was offensive player of the year (with Spralls at Tyner) in the toughest 2A region in the state but received neither Best of Preps or All State consideration. RB was Running Back of the Year in the region. Both played LB on the best defense in the history of the school (lowest points allowed) and QB also punted. The best reward is the comments of those who actually watched or played in the games. Comments from Coach Turner, Coach Ross, Coach Grider, their players, staffs, etc. as they went through the line after the games hold much more credibility and value.

I agree. Hodge was a handful as well as Matthews. I usually don't put much stock in the selections. After seeing these guys in person I know they were more deserving of the recognition they are getting. One of the best defensive teams, especially, that I've ever seen in high school.

I thought Matthews should have made it over the running back from Hampton. Didn't understand how kid from Forrest made it as an athlete on on offense. Didn't know what criteria would be for athlete on offense

Kid from Hampton had 1800 yards rushing with about 11 ypc for the season. Also had 500 receiving.  I'm sure the Mathews kid was very deserving also. Hampton was very balanced and you had to honor the whole field, When the QB got hurt it made it a lot easier on  Marion Co.s d. Just bring everyone up and stop the run. I'm also sure several talented kids were left out.

Was not meaning any disrespect to the Lunsford kid. Just thought Mathews was,a special back. Both kids were both deserving

I thought you're kid was pretty special as well,if not for the missed time I'd say he would have had a great chance of making all state. I hope we meet in baseball this year, we should have a fairly good team.