Boyd Buc 2016

reaction

Lol, huh that's a negative. He was offered an associate head coach and DC job at Madison Academy as well as being the director over their new fitness center. He declined that job so he can spend more time with his boys, not to turn around down and go take the Whitwell job. I talked to him yesterday and he hasn't even officially left Boyd yet.

I hope he stays at Boyd, if not I wish him the best.  Excellent coach!

Could be why he may not stay at Boyd is that they may be going to division II football against other private   schools such as Notre Dame, Baylor, McCallie, Knox Catholic, and others. That way they do not have to worry about maybe giving some form of financial aide. Decisions has to be made soon.

We wouldn't play any of those teams in D2. Possibly Notre Dame but it depends if there are 2 or 3 divisions in the new D2. 

I heard he got ran out of SP by some parents. Their loss was our gain. I hope he stays at The Swamp. :popcorneater:

Short story some Baseball parents didn't like his coaching habits and some thought grass would be greener and made things very difficult in more ways than one. I will play nice guy and not endulge more than that since its in the past. Seems most now realize what he meant to program and wounds have healed. He has grown and learned a lot under CGR. Things happen for a reason. 😈 I'm a competitor so personally, I have enjoyed watching him come back and beat the Pirates and Warriors the last couple years. Boyd Buchanan is a great school with good people so I would love to see him stay there but I don't see it in the cards. With Heinke back if Bucs can replace the Oline they could be in Cookeville. He is that special player

Edited by TonyHorton91281