3a region 4 2016

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Region seems to be pretty tight and up for grabs after tonight.

1.Squatch

2.Dekalb

3.York

4.Smith

5.Upperman

6.Grundy

7.Cannon

The top 5 could beat each other but I think it will come down to Squatch or Dekalb. I hope Upperman can beat Smith or York to go to the playoffs for the 4th straight year but will be tough unless we find some offense.

In your opinion what gives Sequatchie the edge over DC for first place? I think our passing game will give the Squatch fits. With that said though, DC could beat Sequatchie and still not win the region. The top 5 teams are more than capable of beating each other on any given night. I've been saying since before the season even started that DC wouldn't be head and shoulders above any other team in our region. We just aren't all that good, but neither is any other team. If we get to host a playoff game then we will stand a decent chance to win most likely, but IMO I just don't see us making it out of the second round. And for what it's worth, I still believe Upperman will be one of the top 4 teams come seasons end. 

Im just going by what I read in the game day threads. DC could very well win the region. I wanted to put 1a Squatch and 1b DC but that's a cop out way of making a list. DC probably has the best win over Warren Co. I know most wouldn't believe that but Warren isn't an easy out for our region.

Yeah I understand and completely get what you mean. I wasn't in any way saying I think you should have DC at #1 either. To be honest I have no idea who's going to win the region. It wouldn't shock me to see Squatch win it, DC, or another school. Who really knows at this point! It's still way, way too early to tell IMO.

Well ur head coach wasted a timeout with .02 in the 3rd just to run a qb sneak in for 6..they should have never stopped running the ball instead they wanted to pass their last possession which resulted in an interception..that being said cannon has a legit chance of finishing the season 2-8

Someone told me that it was his last timeout is that true  unreal but that is Cannon.

I noticed that this page sure is quite this year compared to last year..dunno if it has to do with so many of the teams in our region being down right now or just people to Dedgum busy this year..that being said I look forward to goin to York this year gonna be a long bus ride think we go to dekalb this year too not real for sure

Dekalb travels to Grundy when we play, we play Cumberland county this week. I don't know much about them. You are right though it has been very quiet on here this year!

I'll try my best to look it all up and give you a brief history of the Cumberland County program.

Everyone I've talked to hasn't had much good to say about CC. Judging by their record and the final scores of their games played, this game shouldn't be all that competitive. DC should win by 21 points at the very least. A loss here would be completely unacceptable and a huge let down. I'm not trying to be rude but CC doesn't have any business at all even keeping the score close.

It appears Cumberland County is back to their old selves. Last season they had one of their better teams/years in modern times. They still had a losing record but went 5-6 with a playoff birth. Overall last year they were pretty competitive in every game they played outside of 2 of them. Stone Memorial handled them with ease like they did most teams (including DC ). Then Marshall County blew them out in Round 1 of the playoffs.

I went back as far as I could on here which was to 2001 and checked their yearly records. They've won 39 games in the course of the past 15 years. In that span of time their overall record is 39-153 ( 0.254 winning percentage). Before last year, their next best season came in 2010 when they went 4-6 without a playoff appearance. That exact same scenario took place in 2004 as well. In 2003 they went 5-5 which had to be tough because 5 wins will usually get you into the playoffs. Before 2015, their last playoff birth came in 2002 with an 8-3 record, and once again in 2001 with a record of 5-6. 2002 is the only year they have had a winning season in that 15 year time frame. They've failed to make it out of the first round in all three tries. Since 01' they've had 1 eight win season, 3 five win seasons, 2 four win seasons, 3 two win seasons, 2 one win seasons, and 4 zero/win less seasons. 

Edited by DCTIGERFAN