C.P.A. 31- Collinwood 6 WOW!

WESHUDD

scout,

I'll let robjim give most of the details as he is our stat man.

In a nutshell, CPA went up 10-0 by half time (One FG followed by a TD). In the 1st Half Collinwood were holding up pretty good on the line but CPA were mixing up the plays quite a bit and got some good passing yards along with a few good runs. CPA also had the Collinwood Offense contained.

At the start of the 2nd half, Collinwood pulled together a drive which went for a TD but them missed the point after. They then made a call which in hindsight was a bad one which was an onside kick. CPA easily handled it and quickly went in for another TD and a 2 point conversion on a pass. This was proably the turning point of the game as the CPA line just started to dominate both on offense where our run really opened up and defense where Ward was scramnling on most plays . He did throw an interception under pressure which clinched it.

Even in the loss I still like watching Ward as he is a great opportunist. He punts the ball for Collinwood and you can see that he is always calmly checking to see if he can pass before kicking yet never putting the kick in jeopardy. Even under pressure he can find receivers which is the mark of a good QB.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scout, I've got team stats done and most of Collinwood's individual. Don't know why they did included stats with the Tennesseans's article.

First Downs CPA 14 Cwood 9

Total yards CPA 348-231 rushing,138 passing

Cwood 155-60 rushing 102 passing.

Passing CPA 8/5/0 Cwood 22/11/1

Fumbles CPA 2/lost1 Cwood 3/lost 1

Ward rushed 21 of the 24 rushing attempts net of 47 yards.

Ward had all the passing attempts.

Don't have time of possession done, but suspect that will be in CPA favor as well.

Hope that helps.

collinwood football is going to see the down side of things the nexted couple of years there losing all kinds of play makers ward/victory/rich/davis/green/.but theres another good team in wayne county and thats the wildcats there gonna be the big team down here wether u like it or not well the boy from da boro is gotta go

ps. congrats to CPA good luck in futher action :):)

First, I would like to say congratulations to CPA on a fine win. I hope those kids drill Ezell-Harding next week. But both teams played a great game. I was really impressed with the CPA defense. They were playing bump and run on Victory and Green and then had 2 safetys to pick them up after that. As far as Ward's playing is considered, I think he had an excellent game. It's hard to make plays happen when you're offensive line gets blowed back 2 or 3 steps off the ball as soon as the snap is off. But anyways, I hope that the Collinwood fans will let their team know how proud of them.... Because we have had 3 years of GREAT football in the big Wood... So, until next time...

All-American, just wanted to let you know that Collinwood isn't going anywhere. Sure, we're losing a lot of talent, but we have a good group of young guys coming up. Colt Risner will also be back, who I can assure you plays with as much heart and soul as anyone in the state. We won't possess the domination that we've had in the past, but we'll do ok. In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we will make the playoffs next year, and will beat Waynesboro yet again. You guys will definitely have to come up with a little more fire power before next year.

ChipBroome,

I'm a little confused by your post, there was no smack talk (or at least nothing noticeable) from either Collinwood or CPA prior to last night's game. There were some questionable postings but we attributed that to kids from another school just having some fun trying to get something going.

Anyway, I agree, you guys have nothing to be ashamed of. You have been extremely competitive for 3 years now and I hope that Collinwood football does well in the future.

Link,

I don't now where you saw bump and run. CPA backed off and played basically a zone. The linebackers even dropped to help in coverage. CPA decided not to let Ward have the outside and contained with their ends. Also, our line did not get blowed off the ball on offense, because the CPA linemen were not putting a big rush on. They also layed back and read the play. The only rush was by the ends. CPA's offensive linemen did a very good job of blocking our D-line. We had plenty of time to throw, just too many db's and not enough receivers.

Collinwood has had a great year this year and i really thought they would get somewhere. But the game against CPA just ruined everything. Ward played like crap!!!! actually, they all played awful! i think that put all collinwood fans to shame!