RIVERDALE PARENTS THREATEN BOYCOTT OR MOVES

warrior82dad

Spoken like either a Coach in hiding or a fanboy of one or more.

Then there are those of us who have played for either great coaches or bad one who recognize the fact that we would not be a good coach.

We are the ones on here that are here for the kids and point out the faults of "Coaches".

Fact is they are men doing a JOB, not Gods to be worshipped.

Come on Monday, Daddy needs a new Coach!  My luck though I will crap out.

In some ways I wish you would get a new coach, then you would see that what you have is pretty darn good and it is bottom line players making plays.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In some ways I wish you would get a new coach, then you would see that what you have is pretty darn good and it is bottom line players making plays.

He would have the players to make the plays and more if he would quit running them off with HIS attitude toward them.  That attitude is what got his butt handed to him in his office.

Fact is he does not want a big team.  When he got there HE made the comment to the coaching staff that he wanted a SMALLER team.  One about the size he had at Nashville.  He does NOT have any idea how to run a BIG program that keeps large numbers of kids busy and working at one time.  His practices consist of the 1st team working while the others stand around with their thumbs up their.....well you know the location.

'Special Teams' are almost never worked and when they are it is only for about 10-15 minutes tops.  He is also 'too busy' to see to the running conditioning off season.  When the season ends, so does HIS interest in the team.

Coach right now I am so tired of this mess, I would almost gladly take some assistant with NO head coaching experience if he would come in and show a real interest in the young men and trying to rebuild the program.

Watson is a good coach and did a great job this year, but I do think Oakland will be the top team in the region as long as Creasy is there. 

Creasy is an okay coach, no better than the others in county. They are winning now because they have the best players. 

He would have the players to make the plays and more if he would quit running them off with HIS attitude toward them.  That attitude is what got his butt handed to him in his office.

Fact is he does not want a big team.  When he got there HE made the comment to the coaching staff that he wanted a SMALLER team.  One about the size he had at Nashville.  He does NOT have any idea how to run a BIG program that keeps large numbers of kids busy and working at one time.  His practices consist of the 1st team working while the others stand around with their thumbs up their.....well you know the location.

'Special Teams' are almost never worked and when they are it is only for about 10-15 minutes tops.  He is also 'too busy' to see to the running conditioning off season.  When the season ends, so does HIS interest in the team.

Coach right now I am so tired of this mess, I would almost gladly take some assistant with NO head   coaching experience if he would come in and show a real interest in the young men and trying to rebuild the program.

Be careful what you ask for, you might get it and then find out it wasn't so bad after all.

I completely disagree with you. Look at what he did with no more than 35 players at Trousdale Co. Multiple state titles.

I thought you knew a little something about football. When did Trousdale Co. have a bad football team? How many state titles have they won? I believe me and you could win at Trousdale. Well, maybe just me.

I thought you knew a little something about football. When did Trousdale Co. have a bad football team? How many state titles have they won? I believe me and you could win at Trousdale. Well, maybe just me.

I think they won 3 under Creasy while he was there. The guy can coach if you believe it or not. He has 4 times as much talent at Oakland then TC. Oakland went forward instead of backward with that hire. If you are that negative on Creasy, you better check his record and into rehab.

Creasy also has the most football supportive Principal in the county.

I am reserving judgment on Watson's ability for a couple of years until we see what he can do with a team that is solely his.  Coach A did real well when he got to R'dale, until the Rankin coached kids were gone.  I have seen what Watson could do in the past as a Head Coach.

For years I've casually observed the discussion of Riverdale football on this board. I have no direct ties to the program or a dog in the fight. I'll say ultimately it comes down two major things from people I know and respect in the community.

1) Whenever Rankin left they hired outside his staff. Whether intentional or not they ended what he built at Riverdale. Those coaches all dispersed and so did their clout in the community. People no longer respected or viewed Riverdale in the same light. Ironically Hillsboro chose to not hire anyone from Ron's staff either and their program had some ups and downs. Nonetheless from the day rankin left Riverdale was never going to be the same and when no one on staff was promoted it was going to fall to s degree.

2) in high school football we live in a move to play world. Parents are going to shop schools and communities for the best situation for their family and son. While not hiring someone with any ties to the area many players didn't feel compelled to keep their son in Riverdale. Also with the surrounding schools having success this has attracted athletes away from Riverdale. Coach A is probably doing his best with the talent he has now. Could another coach attract more talent well that depends on who they hire. In reality call it noble recruiting or attraction but certain programs attract talent and others don't.

3) For years Riverdale was bigger faster and stronger than their opposition. They lined up and physically dominated their opponents. This is no longer the case. Riverdale doesn't have superior players. Creasy is running the wing t and is winning because of the athletes Oakland has attracted. Riverdale is not attracting the athletes they once were. Riverdale when they hired Coach A knew his offense and style.

This is for the PLAYERS.

This is a new year.  Start it by preparing for the upcoming season by getting in the weight room and lifting hard.  When you think you are done.......do ANOTHER set.  Anywhere you go to and from the practice fields........RUN.  Got nothing to besides play xbox or the like?  Go outside and RUN on your own.  Got an old backpack?  Add a little weight each day for your run.

Now to your team mate beside you.........tell him and challenge him to do the same.

Got the playbook?  Memorize it NOW.  A called play should come to you automatically.  Now learn the position next to you as well.  You as a young adult should do these things without any coach telling you to do it. 

Now talk to folks in the school and encourage them to come out also and all of you bring back the Warrior traditions and PRIDE!

Creasy also has the most football supportive Principal in the county.

I am reserving judgment on Watson's ability for a couple of years until we see what he can do with a team that is solely his.  Coach A did real well when he got to R'dale, until the Rankin coached kids were gone.  I have seen what Watson could do in the past as a Head Coach.

I respect you and always get something from your post. To be fair I think you have to look at a couple areas that Watson was quick to fix and did it with some Studs in hiring the coaches he did. I also have to say while a lot of the talented players made the move there under Shadowens reign, Watson continues to attract great players to this school. Players make a difference no doubt, but coaching won some games this year that were toss ups.  Players at Blackman unlike the situation you are dealing with (seemingly) players, parents and coaching staff alike all respect and genuinely like him. I think you will see it pans out positively here .