Moore County is looking for a new Head Football Coach.

MCHSBigBlue

When Mac McCurry was first hired at Moore County, they were having a meet the Coach night. One of the School board members came to Mac and told him that he will need to be playing so and so. Mac looked at him and said I thought I was hired to be the football coach!!! That School board member never spoke to Mac again. Being in control made Mac the success he was.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get this straight about the whole politics thing. He was offered tenure ( as defensive coordinator) but turned it down. And their were better options at QB. Like the Reese kid. Frost is a good athlete but had too much pressure on him at a young age.

Ok don't shoot me for asking, but what qualifies you, me or any of us to make the determination if the right QB was playing. This stuff is what's wrong with youth and high school sports. Pathetic that "people know more than the coach."

No doubt the guy can coach football but a poor leader for High school kids.The trick he pulled and the lack of respect for the rules looks pretty bad.Kids need coaches with good moral values.

This is a big deal and it amazes me how many are willing to overlook it.

Ambassador I understand what your saying and you are right but would you honestly remove your Senior QB that knew the offense and move him to Rb.(FYI he didn't want to make this move). And just so all of you can know the absolute 100% truth, the mother(board member) of the the other QB was the 4th to vote out of 5. So why are we blaming her. What about the other 3 in front of her. And her son was also the little nose guard that even the best lineman in the district could not handle.(In my opinion) So I guess all of you can fall for this poor pitiful me game but you can place the blame somewhere else. I also don't think Mac will be back at MC, but I would really like to discuss any other candidates if anyone has any inside info.

Ambassador I understand what your saying and you are right but would you honestly remove your Senior QB that knew the offense and move him to Rb.(FYI he didn't want to make this move). And just so all of you can know the absolute 100% truth, the mother(board member) of the the other QB was the 4th to vote out of 5. So why are we blaming her. What about the other 3 in front of her. And her son was also the little nose guard that even the best lineman in the district could not handle.(In my opinion) So I guess all of you can fall for this poor pitiful me game but you can place the blame somewhere else. I also don't think Mac will be back at MC, but I would really like to discuss any other candidates if anyone has any inside info.

I garuntee you better get them mamas back in the bleachers. They got real mad at that Moore man a few years ago in Pittsburg for taking those cheeseburgers away. You think im joking but im not.

That's not my call. Seems like it would be the coach's call. Maybe the younger kid playing QB and the older kid playing RB was better for the team.

RLH, NO ONE at Moore County has even said they are overlooking anything. Good grief the guy made a mistake. It's really none of our business anyway who Moore County hires. FYI I doubt very seriously Coach Mac will be the guy at Moore County anyway.

RLH, NO ONE at Moore County has even said they are overlooking anything. Good grief the guy made a mistake. It's really none of our business anyway who Moore County hires. FYI I doubt very seriously Coach Mac will be the guy at Moore County anyway.

Forgetting your keys is a mistake.  You seemed to forget he was sitting back and letting the media and everyone look at the kids at another school for criminal activity for the results of his own activity.  I don't ever remember him apologizing to either team.

Edited by rlh