Moore County is looking for a new Head Football Coach.

MCHSBigBlue

Are we really comparing the talent level at Moore County to that of Knoxville Catholic. Come on !!! I don't believe we have an athlete in the same zip code as Amari Rodgers. Forrest is a bigger school with more kids to choose from. Moore County will always be used as a stepping stone no matter what the talent level. Single A school with no money to pay anyone....

Edited by Mc1996

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we really comparing the talent level at Moore County to that of Knoxville Catholic. Come on !!! I don't believe we have an athlete in the same zip code as Amari Rodgers. Forrest is a bigger school with more kids to choose from. Moore County will always be used as a stepping stone no matter what the talent level. Single A school with no money to pay anyone....

Thanks, proves the point made. Plus the point was Moore wasn't pleased with Matthews and ran him off after 2 years. The man clearly knows how to coach but wasn't good enough for the country boys of Moore co.

And what point was that? Thanks for the flattery, thinking we have talent like KC. I don't hardly think anyone ran him off unless it was behind the scenes. You are right on 1 thing, he is a good coach as long as there is talent there to coach. I'm sure some of them weren't happy with the fact he would rather get to the bar than coach the team. But that's hear say just like what your saying. Yall can blame the Moore County powers that be but let's face it Moore County football is a thing of the past. You know back when we were even spanking the bigger teams that came our way year in and year out.

Most Qualified coaches would be best served to wait on the Forrest job. My sources tell me that the old DRVC opponents would love for the front runners posted to take this job. Most only use Moore Co has a stepping stone to bag big jobs. Moore Co has also Fired coaches like Steve Matthews that's doing quite well at Knox Catholic winning a state championship and Coach of the year.

What is the DRVC? An old conference before TSSAA regions? Which schools were in? 

What is the DRVC? An old conference before TSSAA regions? Which schools were in? 

They initially overlapped with the TSSAA playoff system.  As the playoff system expanded, the conferences broke up and the districts and regions became more important.  The old Sequatchie Valley Conference was cool because it was interstate in its makeup.  It included Bridgeport, Al and Stevenson, Al plus South Pittsburg, Marion Co, Whitwell, Grundy Co, Sequatchie Co, Bledsoe County and at one point Lookout Valley in football,   In basket ball it included those plus Sale Creek and Sewanee Academy (which merged with St Andrews eventually).