Oak Ridge 2016

OR nole

Sherrod was a stud! Him and my sister were the same age. He was a tough as nails MLB, along with Joe Longest and Derrick Smith on that '93 team. Those were some tough a$% dudes on that OR team! Sherrod as far as I know is good. I do remember he had diabetes growing up though, but as far as I know he's fine.

is he still in Tn? Edited by Runswithknife

I'm not sure man. I saw his dad not too long ago at Wal Mart, but I don't know him personally. Remember how good our KO coverage team was the year he played? Teams were lucky to make the 15 yard line on us. Those guys killed people!

number 41 was the man! Roger Silvey . The kick off crazies . The best that I have seen in HS to date. Edited by Runswithknife

number 41 was the man! Roger Silvey . The kick off crazies . The best that I have seen in HS to date.

Best I've ever seen too, and I recall hearing a guy that coached against us saying it was the best he's ever seen before or since. Silvey was a wild man! He would just fly into that wedge and bust it up. All 5'8" 165 LBS of him. Fearless.

Best I've ever seen too, and I recall hearing a guy that coached against us saying it was the best he's ever seen before or since. Silvey was a wild man! He would just fly into that wedge and bust it up. All 5'8" 165 LBS of him. Fearless.

he was a legend, I used to hear that coaches would point number 41 out to the up and coming kids- and tell them how tough he was-and they would say- that's him? He is so small! Lol Edited by Runswithknife

he was a legend, I used to hear that coaches would point number 41 out to the up and coming kids- and tell them how tough he was-and they would say- that's him? He is so small! Lol

Ha! Yeah, he wasn't big whatsoever, but man did he pack a punch. Strong little dude. My sister dated him in HS. Saw him a few years ago and he had dreadlocks and covered in tats lol! Also, Shawn Crowley would knock your lights out, too!

Edited by SweetScience

Back when I was in high school in the seventies Oak Ridge was the King of the Hill in AAA football and Maryville was in AA and we always scrimmaged them which helped make up better. Didn't matter who won or lost because it never went into the record books. Speed the clock up forty years and the shoe has reversed and I understand that Gaddis refuses to scrimmage Maryville. I have even heard there are no teams in East Tennessee that want to scrimmage Maryville this coming fall and they may have to go to middle Tennessee or even North Georgia just to get a scrimmage game. Oak Ridge is a pretty good football team and you would think the coach would get more out of a scrimmage with a team like Maryville then Seymour. Will somebody there tell me something I may not know or is Gaddis afraid of some competition that may help his team in the end like a Rhea County.