Oak Ridge 2016

OR nole

Back when I was in high school in the seventies Oak Ridge was the King of the Hill in AAA football and Maryville was in AA and we always scrimmaged them which helped make up better. Didn't matter who won or lost because it never went into the record books. Speed the clock up forty years and the shoe has reversed and I understand that Gaddis refuses to scrimmage Maryville. I have even heard there are no teams in East Tennessee that want to scrimmage Maryville this coming fall and they may have to go to middle Tennessee or even North Georgia just to get a scrimmage game. Oak Ridge is a pretty good football team and you would think the coach would get more out of a scrimmage with a team like Maryville then Seymour. Will somebody there tell me something I may not know or is Gaddis afraid of some competition that may help his team in the end like a Rhea County.

Why would any coach be afraid to SCRIMMAGE another team? I doubt it's fear, if that's what you're implying? He scrimmaged them a few years ago didn't he? That kinda dispels that claim. It's a dang scrimmage afterall.

Edited by SweetScience

For whatever reason both teams schedules in the fall just haven't aligned together the past few years to where they could scrimmage. Y'all choose to scrimmage Ensworth for whatever reason, which is fine. A coach scared to scrimmage another team? C'mon Barney. We played your freshman the past few years as well in the regular season as well. Stop grasping for straws and making something a bigger deal than what it really is.

Why would any coach be afraid to SCRIMMAGE another team? I doubt it's fear, if that's what you're implying? He scrimmaged them a few years ago didn't he? That kinda dispels that claim. It's a dang scrimmage afterall.

My source say's he won't play us period and has been ask by GQ.  Just makes good sense to play the best around and you will get better from it. Going back to the Seymour scrimmage there are two beneficiaries. Seymour will get something out of it playing a much tougher opponent and Butch Jones will have someone he would like to have by having him in his house playing a scrimmage game.

My source say's he won't play us period and has been ask by GQ.  Just makes good sense to play the best around and you will get better from it. Going back to the Seymour scrimmage there are two beneficiaries. Seymour will get something out of it playing a much tougher opponent and Butch Jones will have someone he would like to have by having him in his house playing a scrimmage game.

Haven't y'all scrimmaged Seymour before? What's the difference? We aren't even having spring practice the same time y'all are so it's irrelevant. Plus, he scrimmaged y'all 2 years ago, but he's scared? Great logic.

I guess I can remember for many years Maryville and Oak Ridge always scrimmaged each other. 

When y'all were 4A I never saw y'all schedule us in the regular season. Not that we would've won, but what's the difference? Their is none. I'd be more than happy to scrimmage y'all again. It's a flippin' scrimmage afterall.

When y'all were 4A I never saw y'all schedule us in the regular season. Not that we would've won, but what's the difference? Their is none. I'd be more than happy to scrimmage y'all again. It's a flippin' scrimmage afterall.

Sweet I just love coming over there for a visit and it feels so strange not to after all these years of playing each other in scrimmages.

Sweet I just love coming over there for a visit and it feels so strange not to after all these years of playing each other in scrimmages.

I know. I liked it, too. Just didn't happen last year for whatever reason, but I doubt Gaddis is scared of scrimmaging another team. That's silly to imply. Why would you be? Not like it would put a loss on our record.

Edited by SweetScience