CRB leaving CAK

QSouth89

It's beginning to get a little frustrating, but from what I'm hearing the field has been narrowed to just a few candidates.  There is talk that the process won't be finalized until after spring break, and CAK's spring break is next week.  So we're talking late March at the earliest.  There has also been talk that spring practice might not be feasible depending on how long the hiring process drags out.  I am hoping a new coach is in place in time to have a meaningful spring practice.  It would be a shame if the boys miss out on the opportunity for that.  At least one rising senior is a legitimate college prospect and I assume some colleges would like to come watch him at spring practice.

Any update on the next coach at CAK?

Two Chattanooga area private schools lost their coaches after Rusty Bradley announced his departure from CAK, and they have already announced new coaches.  So some schools are moving quicker, though I'm sure each case is different and there are reasons why the CAK process is moving at the pace it's taking.

Spring practice is usually the last couple of weeks of April, first couple of weeks of May.  I assume whoever the new coach is will do at his old school something similar to what Rusty Bradley did at CAK--give notice and work until a certain date and leave.  The urgency is that the new coach will need time to get a coaching staff assembled, plan for spring practice and get to know something about his personnel so that spring practice can be maximally beneficial.  

While the AD certainly should be considerate of the new coach and his family in a time of transition, his first duty is to CAK and the boys on the football team to get them a new coach in place so they'll have the same opportunity for a beneficial spring practice just like the boys on the other teams they'll be playing against in the fall.

I have no idea whether my information is 100% accurate, but my understanding is the finalists include, along with possibly one or two others, the DC from Ensworth, an OC from a private school in the Kennesaw, GA area, and the CAK MS coach.

That is almost absurd you would have to think that the coach will have to move his family, and tie up loose ends from the school that he is leaving.  If anything they should be giving the candidates more time you would think? Who were the candidates?

I have no idea whether my information is 100% accurate, but my understanding is the finalists include, along with possibly one or two others, the DC from Ensworth, an OC from a private school in the Kennesaw, GA area, and the CAK MS coach.

So since you seem to be the person who knows the most, what is your gut feeling as to who our new coach will be? A defensive guy makes sense since our offense is so good but maybe the offensive coordinator from Kennesaw might be good to give our kids a fresh start? Your thoughts and/or gut feeling would be great. Go Warriors!

The longer this goes on, the less I think I know.  My best guess is the young, up-and-coming Ensworth DC is the leading candidate, but it's just that--a guess. And even if he's the top candidate, that doesn't assure the school will be able to land him. I continue to be optimistic CAK will make a good hire, but the deal needs to get done soon so plans can be made for spring practice.

So since you seem to be the person who knows the most, what is your gut feeling as to who our new coach will be? A defensive guy makes sense since our offense is so good but maybe the offensive coordinator from Kennesaw might be good to give our kids a fresh start? Your thoughts and/or gut feeling would be great. Go Warriors!

The longer this goes on, the less I think I know.  My best guess is the young, up-and-coming Ensworth DC is the leading candidate, but it's just that--a guess. And even if he's the top candidate, that doesn't assure the school will be able to land him. I continue to be optimistic CAK will make a good hire, but the deal needs to get done soon so plans can be made for spring practice.

Your right this has taken to long. There is an old saying, while Nero fiddled Rome Burned. Someone better tell the AD to quit fiddling around.